PDA

View Full Version : 2 K-K hands for review... Advice needed...

MagicRat
06-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Feel like I played the first hand too strong, losing a lot of people by raising the flop - should I have slowplayed? Hand 2 I obviously didn't play strong enough but opponent's capping pre-flop and then raising my bet on the flop slowed me down - should it have?? Thanks...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows As 9s (two pair, jacks and nines).
Hero shows Kc Kh (full house, kings full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
UTG+1 shows Jh Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.25 BB. </font>

zuluking
06-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Hand #1 is textbook.

Hand #2-I would have re-raised on the flop, bet out/raise on the turn and river.

Welcome to the game.

Rico Suave
06-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Magic Rat:

Hand 1: played perfectly on all streets

Hand 2: I do not think you played this too weakly. Depending on my opponent, I might have gone another bet on the flop, and/or I might have bet the river.

--Rico

Stu Pidasso
06-23-2004, 11:08 AM
On Hand 2 consider smooth calling preflop so as to disguise the true strentgh of your hand.

Stu

zuluking
06-23-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On Hand 2 consider smooth calling preflop so as to disguise the true strentgh of your hand.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Stu, would this move be better against 2 or 3 players instead of 5 or 6? Just curious.

zram21
06-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Hand #1 - You played this one fine. Certainly when the K spikes on the turn you are wishing more people would have hung around, but you want to get the stray A hands and the back door straight draws to fold and they likely wouldn't have done that getting 12-1 or better if you had just called.

Hand #2 - I would re-raise the flop and lead out on the turn. If he is still showing aggression after that then I would certainly slow down. The preflop and flop action by your opponent could be anything from AA-JJ (maybe TT) to AKs, AKo, AQs or even worse. I would toss in a few more bets before I started giving him credit for AA.

House-Lion
06-23-2004, 11:36 AM
First hand good. You want to fold out any chasing aces or at least make them pay.

Second hand:
3-bet flop or go for the check-raise on the turn and bet out the river. Since you two are HU pre-flop after your 3-bet, oponent is likely to cap with more hands than just AA and KK and AK, namely JJ and QQ and possibly AQ.

Stu Pidasso
06-25-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stu, would this move be better against 2 or 3 players instead of 5 or 6? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Hand 2, when the action comes back to our hero, it is already heads up. If our hero now 3 bets preflop, he is basically announcing that he has a powerhouse hand. His lone opponent may then either fold preflop, fold on the flop, or go into a check call shell. If any of these senarios come to pass, our hero does not extract the maximum.

With some opponents three betting preflop, even though it is heads up, is ok because you do not need to be deceptive with them in order to extract the maximum. Some opponents are just table action deaf.

If the action comes back to our hero and there are 2 or more opponents left, I reraise nearly every time. The big pocket pairs are multiway monsters. The difference between them and the speculative big suited cards, is that the big pairs make most of their money(in multiway pots) preflop. Therefore the more people that are in the pot preflop, the more you want to jamm it. The speculative big suited cards, on the other hand, make most of thier money(in multiway pots) post flop, when they flop big draws.

Hope this helps

Stu