PDA

View Full Version : Some reviews appreciated

House-Lion
06-23-2004, 05:04 AM
I'm fairly new to poker and would like some comments on my game. I am trying to move up to 3/6 from 2/4 but so far I have not really been able to consistently win at 3/6.

Hand 1
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO shows Td 9s (one pair, nines).
Button shows Kh Jc (one pair, jacks).
Hero shows 9c 9d (three of a kind, nines).
BB shows Ac 4h (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>

Waiting to turn for c-r since no one will fold for a raise on the flop anyway...

Hand 2
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Hero shows 2c 2d (full house, twos full of fives).
UTG shows Kc Jc (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>
I think I missplayed this one... specially considdering giving up a free-card (check-raise failed on turn), but I also thought that maybe he was going to bluff with his steal-raise and a re-raise on the flop would fold him. Luckily for me I got the full action on the end.

Hand 3
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

SB shows Td As (straight, ace high).
Hero shows Jd Ad (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: SB wins 13.50 BB. </font>

I think I probably should bet right into the field on the flop here instead of check-calling. Not sure if the re-raise on the river is smrt or bad.

Trix
06-23-2004, 05:27 AM
1) Bet the flop
2) CR the flop.
3) Raise preflop, bet the flop. IŽll probably just call the river here and hope the other guy will call aswell.

DeeJ
06-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Hand 1 raise the flop. People may be on a flush draw - or put you on a flush draw - and will stay in. Anyone with an Ace is staying in too. Otherwise fine.
You may sometimes want to try to checkraise the river, avoiding mathematical catastrophe has to be borne in mind!

Hand 2 worked out fine. I always see the monster 3 here and if you were 3 bet you probably call down, as it was, c-r failed and you hit the river.
There are 2 possible flush draws there so it isn't such a bad check on the turn, when you have only 4 outs against 2 opponents who may have many more.

Hand 3 I'm raising preflop because everyone is likely to stay in and you have a good hand. I'm raising the flop to see where I'm at and for value. The turn is a scare card because now anyone with a Q beats you unless you improve. SB played pretty poorly not to raise you on the river so you got off pretty lightly!

Joe Tall
06-23-2004, 07:54 AM
1) Lead out on the flop. If the button has poor preflop standards and you can knock the button you, you should consider raising preflop w/a dead-money poster in the CO.

2) Check-raise this flop, most PFR will bet every flop unimproved but not always the turn as your case is here.

3) Raise preflop, AJs is an easy raise out of the BB after limpers and lead out on this flop for sure. I would likely call the river and collect an over call it'll equal a raise and getting 3-bet here sucks.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall