PDA

View Full Version : Do you risk busting out here?

SoCalPat
06-23-2004, 03:54 AM
$15 multi at Paradise.

I've got about 5K in chips, about middle of the pack. 94 players left and the blinds are 100/200. I'm in the CO with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and limp behind three others. Button limps, SB folds, BB checks to the flop of ...

A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's checked to me, and trying to pick it up here (but not afraid of being called), I put out a bet of 400. The button raises me to 1,600 (he had me outchipped by about 2-1 before the hand started). I figure with nine outs to the nuts, plus the fact my opponent might be semibluffing his own draw, I push all in.

He calls, and turns up A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

The turn card improves as much as it can without making my hand -- the 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif I still have my flush outs, but I've picked up another 12 outs to chop (the case 6 or A, plus any non-heart J,Q or K), and I'm not going to turn up my nose at that right now.

Alas, the river is the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I hit the rail.

Is such a situation, with the top possible pair and the nut flush draw, a place to move in with everything? Obviously, there are situations in which it would be foolish to do so (final table, six players left and I'm the second-biggest stack up against the big stack and three others are going to be all-in when the blinds hit them next, for example), but with me being quite distant from the money (top 40 or 50 got paid), is this the time to roll the dice?