PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love the Live Game

bernie
06-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Once in a blue moon, this type of hand comes up. All the stars align and the opportunity presents itself.

I was in a zone during this session. The opponents cards could be face up. I wish there were more consistent nights like this.

Anyways...

To the hand.

Mucks 10-20

An EP2 or 3 open raises. I've seen him get aggressive with mid pairs preflop so I 3 bet it. I gal coldcalls behind. This could be 2 big cards, 2 suiteds, a pair, etc. Big blind calls, EP caps. Oops. We all call.

Flop: A 5 8 two tone. Not my tone at all.

EP bets. Given his betting action, this is a tester bet. I read him as not that confident. Kind of like a, '(sarcastic) Great! We'll let's see where i stand.' bet.

So I jack it. This really deflates the guy. Wind is out of his sails completely. There is really only 1 hand that he would have that would describe the discomfort on his face. It's so common to see this reaction at times given his hand. It's written all over him. I know what he has at this point. And he wants to fold it.

Gal behind coldcalls. Kind of a weak calling motion. Almost like a mercy call out of obligation due to seeing the flop for a cap. Blind folds. EP is really having a time deciding. After much thought, he calls. His call is saying he's sliding one off. He's not in call down mode. I enjoyed the flop show he put on. Im sure he's also concerned about the gal as he glances her way a couple times during this. Then looking back at the board.

Turn: x puts 3 of the suit on the board.

EP checks, I fire a bet out, Gal behind folds. EP really wants to fold now. He's mixing his cards, staring at the board. Contemplating. Seems like forever. Just as he's about to give up, he looks at his cards, then at the board. Sees something. A little ray of hope, and calls. He has the draw. The only cards that will stop me from firing is him hitting his set or the 4th flush card.

River: Blank.

EP checks, I bet. For the next 20-30 seconds, literally, which seemed like a lifetime, he really has an inner conflict going on. More-so than the flop or turn. Which was pretty entertaining to watch. So after about that much time, he puts his cards together and holds them up showing me the bottom card which is a K of the 'draw' suit. Then slides the other card from behind to show me another K. Shakes his head, nods to me, and folds.

My TT was good.

I just acted like i had the A and raked the pot over. Many i told this too said i should've showed the guy. I may not be alive to write this if i did. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif But it's my policy not to show anyways.

Sometimes an A high flop can present a good opportunity. Good thing he hasn't read Eddie's posts about folding on the end like this.

God DAMN this hand felt good to pull off.

Just thought i'd share it.

b

SoBeDude
06-23-2004, 01:29 AM
In this time when internet play dominates poker, its easy to forget how much additional information is available to a solid (observant) poker player when playing live.

Nice hand, and very well played.

-Scott