PDA

View Full Version : Playing table cop

sfer
06-23-2004, 12:12 AM
I've been pulling this move like once or twice a session, depending on how WT the table and last to act is. This was Stars so it was pretty WT for an online game. I don't think this was the best flop in the world to do this. Opinions?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 5 BB. </font>

JohnShaft
06-23-2004, 12:19 AM
No I guess it wasn't the *best* flop to pull the move, but then, what is? (And after the SB folds it does look like you can make it between you and a Button who could have nothing at all).

At least the Turn was a dream "I've still got nothing, but I've got enough to semi-bluff a very nice nut draw" card. I guess you were intending to Bet just about any Turn? Or did you figure the Button might just fold on the flop, and if he didn't you weren't going to bet most turns?

sfer
06-23-2004, 12:21 AM
I would bet the turn regardless of what card falls. Stop there if unimproved and raised.

JohnShaft
06-23-2004, 12:25 AM
So we figure that you're putting in 2 BBs to win 3 BBs (if he's never going to fold the flop). So I guess you just need to get him to fold to the Turn bet 40% of the time. Thinking about it it looks pretty good for that. Unless he's got the Jack (or improves) I think it's over on the Turn.
There's a world full of auto-bet buttons, of course.

Ponks
06-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Seems alright, I might wait till you have a little better of a draw to do it just incase you need it, and there's a lot of hands that will limp with a J on the button.

Ponks

06-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Sfer, nice play.

Would a more ideal situation be 3-4 players in an unraised pot seeing a low rainbow flop? Everyone checking to last player who bets, and then raise?

sfer
06-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah, a rainbow flop is better. I had the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif though.