PDA

View Full Version : Analysis of Hand

Gambler101
06-22-2004, 11:22 PM
The following No Limit Texas Hold'em hand that took place included 4 players. Each player started out with $10. I had $8, whereas one player had approximately $22. The blinds were $0.50/$1.00. Three players remained, where I had the big blind, and the player with $22 had the small blind. The dealer, who at that time had $5, called the big blind. The small blind called the big blind. I checked with 10,2(spades).

The flop was 10 2 J, which gave me two pair(10s and 2s). The flop was a rainbow, so a flush seemed highly improbable.

The small blind checked. I bet $2, and the player on the button folded. The small blind, with the considerable chip lead, called my $2 bet.

The turn was 9, so the community cards were: 10 2 J 9

The small blind checked. I bet $2.25, which I initially intended to be a value bet. The three cards to a straight that were on the table caused me worry.

Finally, the river was 8, and the community cards were:
10 2 J 9 8.

The small blind uncharacteristically for the hand bet $3. I folded, since I put the small blind on a straight that obviously would have beaten my two-pair.

I folded when the 8 appeared because of the 8 cards(four 7s and four Qs) that would have completed the straight. The player on the small blind bet $3 previous to this hand with the nut flush, thus I assumed that he had had the straight.

Please comment.

Thanks

deacsoft
06-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Bet more on the flop and if called bet more on the turn. You can't play this hand as slow as you did if the $22 chip guy is playing loose because of his chip stack. If he was drawing to the straight and possibly overcards as well you need to destroy his pot odds. You don't want to see that turn or that river. Take down the pot while you can.