PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair + Flush Draw

Michael Davis
06-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I limp on the button after three limpers with Qh9h. SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 9s 8h 3h

BB comes out betting, two call, I raise with top pair, decent kick and a flush draw. All call.

Turn: 9s 8h 3h (4s)

Checked to me, I bet, all call. (So far, so simple.)

River: 9s 8h 3h 4s (Qd)

BB bets out, two others fold. I raise (??). BB threebets and I fold (??).

-Michael

anduril
06-22-2004, 11:23 PM
11.5:1 odds to call the river but it doesn't look good. I don't see how raising the river will accomplish anything, you lost 2 more bets when you could've called 1 more AND seen a showdown. Is that not preferable? Though I'm not sure the raise is best, when he 3-bets, your hand is good approximately 0% of the time.

elysium
06-22-2004, 11:33 PM
hi mike
call the river. you're getting correct pot odds to showdown.

Garland
06-22-2004, 11:34 PM
His open-ended J10 straight draw just got there on the river.

It's good to see why people might bet out on the river before raising. This fits the betting pattern. Bets his OESD on the flop, and stops aggression when he meets resistance. When the overcard Q hits the river, he's afraid it might get checked through and bets it out.

Given all that, I would still call his 3-bet on the river. It's still possible he made worse 2 pair.

Garland

1800GAMBLER
06-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Call the river the first time around. He either has Q9, Q8 TJ when you raise you'll go more bets with TJ. Plus i think it's more likely he has TJ than Q8 since he bet the flop.

You can't take the line of betting and folding to the raise because Q9 a very possible hand may 3 bet you.

Clarkmeister
06-24-2004, 02:25 AM
It seems so probable to me that BB is either bluffing or betting his JT that I'd just call the river and wouldn't raise.