PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys pay to showdown here?

ewile
06-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Hate it when I hit my top pair but the flop is suited.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (5.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins 7.75 BB. [/color

TRWIII
06-22-2004, 10:59 PM
I fold on the turn here... if you check-called the top two pair on a 4-suited board, you should probably call the river too, but on the turn you're very likely drawing to 4 outs to a win and seven or eight to a split and I dislike drawing to split (and the odds dont justify it anyways). Believe the flush on the turn and fold.

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII

joker122
06-22-2004, 11:18 PM
You don't have the odds to call the turn to fill up, so if you're going to call the turn, you should be planning to call the river. I would call down here. You'll be shown a weaker king with out a spade enough times to show profit. However, if you're convinced you're beat on the turn you should fold.