PDA

View Full Version : 15th :/

Eihli
06-22-2004, 10:19 PM
I thought it would feel pretty good not being the first to bust out, but it doesn't. It still sucks.

blinds 50/100 you have a 615 stack with A7o on the button, folded to you. push?

blinds 50/100, you have AJ in the SB. UTG calls, button raises min, you call. flop is QQ9, checked around, turn is T. You bet 300, button raises min, you call. river is rag and you check.

those are the 2 hands i need help on.

NotMitch
06-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Hand #1: Push and pray for folds.

Hand #2: Stack sizes? I likely fold to the min raise. I also think about raising preflop, but it really depends on who the players are. In a game of 2+2 people I could fold pre flop. I asked a similar question a few months ago, first hand of a SNG full of 2+2ers, you have AQo UTG what do you do? Most people agreed (IIRC) folding isnt giving up a whole lot.

eastbay
06-22-2004, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it would feel pretty good not being the first to bust out, but it doesn't. It still sucks.

blinds 50/100 you have a 615 stack with A7o on the button, folded to you. push?

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt whatsoever.

[ QUOTE ]

blinds 50/100, you have AJ in the SB. UTG calls, button raises min, you call. flop is QQ9, checked around, turn is T. You bet 300, button raises min, you call. river is rag and you check.

those are the 2 hands i need help on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacks? That's everything here.

eastbay

Eihli
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM
stacks in hand 2, i had about 1500 he had about 1800 i think.

Girazze
06-23-2004, 03:27 AM
Hand #1....yep, push

Hand #2....definitely need to know the stack sizes. UTG calls so he's telling me he has a weak hand and MUST see the flop to improve it. He'll probably fold to a decent bet. Button min-raises, showing me he either is slowplaying his monster or his hand is decent but he's unsure of it at this point and needs to see a flop. I assume at this time there are only the 3 of you in the hand? If so, I think you could have taken the pot on the flop. UTG checks postflop....no hit and still a weak hand. Button checks postflop.....no hit and doesn't want to bet because he's afraid you may have a Q because he doesn't and he'll fold to a good bet. I would have made a big bet (probably push) and watched them fold based on the hands I believe they have because of my read.

Am I way off here or is this read a good one?

Eihli
06-23-2004, 04:33 PM
I was in the SB so I was first to act. Are you saying I should have pushed on the turn when I made the OESD?