PDA

View Full Version : At what point should I be concerned about collusion?

KingSix
06-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Non party site, two players with very similar names, including the format.(i.e. ALL CAPS)

I have 8 sessions with either of them and during 7 of them, both of these players have been at the same table. They are both from the same non-US country. I can't find any hands where both of them went past the flop together.

The wild card here is that they are both ultra tight.

Player 1

Total Hands 573 VP$IP 9 PFR% 6.28
WeSD 47 WoSD 58

Player 2

Total Hands 315 VP$IP 6 PFR% 5.40
WeSD 30 WoSD 44

I have no evidence of them attempting to trap anyone, etc.. Am I being overly concerned here?

King

Dynasty
06-22-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no evidence of them attempting to trap anyone, etc.. Am I being overly concerned here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you admit you have no evidence. So, I'd say you definitely being overly concerned.

KingSix
06-22-2004, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you admit you have no evidence. So, I'd say you definitely being overly concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

But...does all collusion involve trapping?

I surely would think that the same person at the table with two IDs or two friends softplaying each other is still collusion. What if they are sharing their hands via IM...isn't that still collusion?

King

Schneids
06-22-2004, 10:20 PM
They're both playing mega-overly tight, it might just be possible that they've never received hands that fall within their strict playing guidelines at the same time.... Take for instance two people with a 5% VPIP -- if they are sitting together, they will be involved in the same hand .05*.05 = once in 400 hands.

Given your stats on these two I would suspect this is the case. Additionally, if they are observant of eachother's tight standards, they may become even more inclined to fold when they see the other is involved.

balkii
06-22-2004, 10:31 PM
hey, is the country ljublana(sp?)? i always see folks from there. i've never even heard of this place, but they seem to love poker!

Blarg
06-23-2004, 12:41 AM
There's plenty of poker out there. If you're even worried about it, I'd give serious consideration to just finding a different table when that happens.

Mayhap
06-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Good advice.
Reminds me of a line from a Bob Marley song:
'In the midst of water, only a fool is thirsty.'
Ya Man ! :-)
/M

KingSix
06-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the advice. While I still consider myself "young"(In my 30s), I'm not young enough to understand the ins and outs of IM or how it works. I wasn't sure how that may be being used against me.

When I play in my regular B & M game, I really hate when people show each other their cards and this just seemed to be a similar situation...whatever the reason.

And no...they aren't from any crazy "blank-istan" type country. LOL. I see those guys too.

King

ipp147
06-23-2004, 05:53 AM
ljubljana is in Slovenia in Eastern Europe - and yes, I think they like there poker!