PDA

View Full Version : The best night of my life..

Joe826
06-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Last night I thought I would be a badass and have like an 8 hour online session, the only thing is that Party kept going down for upgrades and the majority of the games weren't good. As it turns out, I had my worse slide to date, around 80 BB. It was a good time, highly underrated. Anyways, I'm going to post a couple of my hands throughout the day that I probably badly misplayed. Any comments would be sweet.

This 5/10 is super tight.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>

Do I even bother with this after he raises the turn? Does anyone lead out on the flop? Should I just give up on this altogether and click the "fold to any bet" button?

arkady
06-22-2004, 04:27 PM
If you think he has a flush why proceed? If you dont, then you dont have enough outs (minus the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif), raise the river, because he very well could have Qx in that situation.

80 BBs in 5/10 is no fun, I sympathize.

Lost Wages
06-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Don't open limp with 66 UTG+2 in a tight game, either raise or fold. Bet the flop, there is a good chance that no one hit the flop especially after two checks.

Fold to the turn raise, it's going to cost you 2BB to win six so your hand has to be good better than one time in three.

Lost Wages

lostinthought
06-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Super tight table?

Then you gotta raise or fold a hand like this preflop.

In your shoes, at the turn, I would have folded..

sthief09
06-22-2004, 05:09 PM
if the game is super tight, why are you limping with 66 in UTG+2. in an especially tight game in EP, you should be raising or folding. I'd probably raise 77 here and muck 66.

I'd probably muck the turn. sure, he could be full of [censored], but it's really unlikely, the pot isn't big, and if you improve you're going to be stuck checking and calling the river. that's just not a good combination.

Joe826
06-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, yeah that preflop call was bad. I'm not sure what I was thinking on the turn either, in retrospect I don't know what he could have been raising with that I was ahead of.