PDA

View Full Version : The Bunky Chronicles (Confessions of a LAG) Season 1

bunky9590
06-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi all. My name is Bunky, and I'm a LAG.

Man that feels good to get off my chest.

2 hands for you to hopefully show that the "old" Bunky is still alive and kicking.

Prima 3/6 limit
Hanging out playing some limit and having a conversation with Max Shapiro who is at my table. He is in neither hand(Smart guy)

Table full of bad players. One player with a pseudo clue.
Flops are 5 and 6 handed minimum and some have been capped 4 ways.

Here's Hand 1, entitled "Bunky's raise button stuck."
Bunky is on the button with
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif and raises after 4 limpers, Sb folds BB calls, limpers call 6 to the flop which comes.....

Flop ($36.00) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked to MP (he's played every hand so far and has gotten out of line a couple times) bets, CO calls, I raise, BB folds, EP calls 2 cold, folded back to MP who three bets, CO folds, I cap, Ep calls 2 cold again. MP calls.

Turn ($75.00) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Ep checks, MP bets, I raise, Ep calls 2 cold AGAIN!, MP three bets, Bunky caps AGAIN!, EP calls 2 cold again, MP calls. (Could he have woken up with a hand?)

At this point I put EP on a pocket pair or middle pair Ace kicker, I put MP on a Q lesser kicker (or perhaps a set /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) but I'm not ready to give this buffoon credit yet.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
EP checks (No straight there), MP bets, Bunky..... Oh yeah, RAISES AGAIN!, EP folds, Mp three bets. (Aw jeez) I just call.

Pot ($183.00)
MP shows Q6o for the rivered three outer. But hey, Bunky's back right? At what point do you slow down?

Couple orbits later, Bunky kicks it in gear again and its not the slow gear. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

This version of the chronicle entitled,
Cowboys UP!

Bunky picks up K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB. 2 limpers to the Q6o maniac who raises, button calls 2 cold, I three bet, BB folds, 1 limper calls the reraise, MP caps, Button calls, i call, limper calls. 4 to the flop CAPPED!

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Bunky bets, Ep folds, Maniac raises, button three bets, I cap, maniac calls, button calls.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Long story short, capped three ways AGAIN!

River 9.
Screw this, I'm betting. Bunky bets, Maniac calls, button raises, Bunky three bets, maniac calls, button caps, I call, maniac calls.

Hold on to your hats.

Maniac JTs.
Button AJo

Bunky KK and drags the monster home.

Oh it feels good to hit the bet/raise any button doesn't it???

Joe Tall
06-22-2004, 01:45 PM
Both hands look good to me given your reads.

Why are you playing 3/6? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

MAxx
06-22-2004, 01:47 PM
that looks like good solid agressive play to me. i would consider the other guy's play as typically LAG play.

bunky9590
06-22-2004, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you playing 3/6?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Table full of bad players. One player with a pseudo clue.
Flops are 5 and 6 handed minimum and some have been capped 4 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should answer the question.

Joe Tall
06-22-2004, 01:51 PM
That should answer the question.

Common now, no it doesn't. That sounds like the 20/40s I've been sittin.

Peace,
Joe Tall

arkady
06-22-2004, 02:06 PM
nice worky laggy, err bunky! i would be scared with the KK hand to raise on the river, somewhere along the line u begin to think overpair is no good - but apparently u had good enough reads. Good enough reads that these guys dont seem to understand that overpairs beat TP/TK, nice hand - good post /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Saborion
06-22-2004, 02:30 PM
He had no read on the button in the second hand. You wouldn't afraid of him after joining the raising war against 2 pre-flop raisers? On all streets on top of that.

me454555
06-22-2004, 02:38 PM
I'm a wuss. I would have played it exactly the same untill the river on both hands. I woulda just called the river on both instead of raised. Well played Bunky

bunky9590
06-22-2004, 06:28 PM
I put the button on exactly the hand he had. AJ. The thing is with those players they dont think about what I may have. He had TPTK and he was going to the wall with it.

The maniac was the one I was more worried about until the 9 hit the river in the second hand. The 9 made my hand even stronger avs. the maniacs (albeit improbable) random 2 pair.

I actually figured I was beat in the first hand ONLY WHEN he 3 bet the river. Until that time I figured I was golden.
(He would just call on the river without a monster but yet would cap the flop and turn, go figure)

Boy, do I give some action or what?

As far as the KK hand, If they have a set, they have a set. But there is a boat load of money going in that pot and I'm gonna keep putting it in there because more often than not, I'm way ahead against those players there.

bunky9590
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I thought my play (while solid and mondo aggressive) was a little over the top as far as the "books" go. I made a read and went with it. I do get the rep of being a LAG and its not because I'm a loose player, its because of the action I generate when I am in a pot. I bet, I raise, I three bet and cap when i feel in my heart of hearts that I am ahead and have the best of it.

You have to be fearless and have the courage of your convictions to lay the throttle down and keep it down until they give you a reason to apply the brakes.

Baulucky
06-22-2004, 07:17 PM
That looks very much like my 1-2 tables, except that my KKs and AAs don't drag pots my way...after 5 suckouts like that I always feel like moving down to 0.5-1 AGAIN. Regular 30 BB pots, but no cigar... /images/graemlins/mad.gif