PDA

View Full Version : England to win the Championship

smudgex68
06-22-2004, 11:23 AM
What a great performance last night - I think we can go all the way with this team.

Bring it on /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cptkernow
06-22-2004, 11:34 AM
ROOOOOOOOONNNNNNEYYYYYYYYYYYY
ROOOOOOOOONNNNNNEEEYYYYYYYYYY

ROOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

nicky g
06-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Perhaps; but no host nation has ever failed to make it to the semi finals in the Euro Championship (according to someone on gutshot; if that's wrong, sorry). And England are up against the hosts in the quarters. On the other hand Portugal, sadly, are crap.

smudgex68
06-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Rooney is the bees knees.
Nice link here to a downloadable pdf Rooney face mask. I'm wearing mine now in the office and really impressing the Italian chicks
Rooney mask (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/bsp/hi/football/pdf/rooney.pdf)

superleeds
06-22-2004, 11:43 AM
It's gonna be tough Both Portugal and France are better sides (as are Holland and Italy, although they may not make it) at least on paper, but as someone once said luckily it's played on grass. England are good enough to beat anyone on their day so
COME ON ENGLAND

PS lol at the names in the poll /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cptkernow
06-22-2004, 11:51 AM
With the emergence of Rooney are they still better even on paper. So far neither Becks or Owen have put in a goood performance. If ROOOOOONNNNNNEYYYYYYYYYY carries on the way he does and our more seniour players turn it on also, whos going to stop us?

I just hope we can play with belief and be positive.

CMMMONNNNNN ENGGGGGGERLAND

superleeds
06-22-2004, 12:03 PM
I agree Owen so far has been a big disapointment as has Gerrard. Becks has played OK and I think in the absence of Rio he is the only player other sides see as truly world class so he gets husseled more than most. ( I think Scholes is the only other world class player we have in Portugal, Rooney may well get to that status but it's a bit premature to say he's their yet)

Cptkernow
06-22-2004, 12:21 PM
When talking about world class players how can you not mention James and Heskey ?

superleeds
06-22-2004, 12:56 PM
n/m