PDA

View Full Version : the picture that was BANNED...

eLROY
06-22-2004, 06:55 AM
This picture was banned in another forum:

http://www.2ndplanet.org/images/eyeballs.jpg

It's not so bad, is it?

Zeno
06-22-2004, 09:31 AM
I do not drink Heineken.

The gentlemen in the photo needs a clean shirt.

There is also very bad lighting in the photo.

The flag is too dark, IMO. Flags should be bright colors to give the aura of peace, joy, and goodwill.

So yes, it is a bad photo.

-Zeno

Utah
06-22-2004, 10:33 AM
It is so tasteless it is beyond belief.

You should know better. Shame on you for posting it.

eLROY
06-22-2004, 11:51 AM
So by "tasteless," you mean... unfashionable?

paland
06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So by "tasteless," you mean... unfashionable?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he means that we hate Heineken beer so much that any photo promoting it should be banned.

Boris
06-22-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm being totally serious here. What is the photo about? What is the elf? Who is in the photo? Why is it tasteless?

thanks.

jcx
06-22-2004, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm being totally serious here. What is the photo about? What is the elf? Who is in the photo? Why is it tasteless?

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a photo of the poor Korean guy who fell into the hands of terrorists and is now being used for propaganda before they cut his head off. Whoever posted this is a real prick.

ThaSaltCracka
06-22-2004, 01:15 PM
I didn't know what it was either. Now that I do, I would have to say it is a tasteless picture.

slavic
06-22-2004, 02:24 PM
This poor kid is now dead. The photo is as tastless as they come.

Zeno
06-22-2004, 02:38 PM
I did not know what it was either.

Tasteless, perhaps. Have it banned, no.

Perhaps the point is that the human being is being used to promote someting, just like an ad campagin. And he is just a piece of fodder to his captors. If this is the Korean man?

-Zeno

offTopic
06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a photo of the poor Korean guy who fell into the hands of terrorists and is now being used for propaganda before they cut his head off. Whoever posted this is a real prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moreover, whoever the original poster was, they had to go to the trouble of pasting in the commercial logos on the raw photo (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040622/481/ny19206221740). Prick is too kind a word, IMO.

eLROY
06-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Hold on a minute. Your so-called "raw photo" has a number of brand logos.

offTopic
06-22-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hold on a minute. Your so-called "raw photo" has a number of brand logos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh FFS...OK, "_published_ photo, posted by AP, on yahoo news, which appears [to me] to be a vidcap from an Al-Jazeera (sp?) broadcast".

As I don't understand either written or spoken Arabic, it is not at all clear to me that those are brand logos. I will:
- defer to your knowledge of Arabic
- leave the rest of the thread to you

Have a nice day.

eLROY
06-22-2004, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I don't understand either written or spoken Arabic, it is not at all clear to me that those are brand logos. I will:
- defer to your knowledge of Arabic

Have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh FFS...OK, "_published_ photo, posted by 2ndPlanet.org, on twoplustwo other topics, which appears [to me] to be a vidcap from an Heineken (sp?) broadcast".

As I don't understand either written or spoken Dutch, it is not at all clear to me that those are brand logos. I will:
- defer to your knowledge of Dutch

Have a nice day.

slavic
06-22-2004, 03:31 PM
*** You are ignoring this user ***

What did he say?