PDA

View Full Version : Online poker rooms

300CE24
06-22-2004, 04:43 AM
Hi,

I have been playing online poker for about a year now. All the time I have played at Paradise Poker. I started at holdem ring games and have proceeded to SNG and MTT. I have a good net profit so far. The reason I started at Paradise is one of pure coincidence, I did a Google search for online poker and that's where I ended.

My question now is if I should start to look at other online poker rooms? Are most big rooms equally good so that taste is the only factor, or would any of you guys recommend any specific rooms based on other factors?

Looking forward to comments on the best online poker room (and of course WHY it is the best)

Thanks.

BRGDS

Nemesis
06-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Party Poker is considered the softest, Poker Stars has the best structure, but harder games. Those are the only ones i've played besides paradise.

PlayerA
06-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Good site that compares various online poker rooms. They each have they're pros and cons. If you're making money at Paradise, then you'll love some of the other sites.

2planka
06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I only play recreationally, so I can't really speak about which site is the softest or toughest. I can say what I like about the site I play at now.

I started online at Stars about a year ago, checked out UB, Party, Empire and decided to consolodate my stakes at each site back at Stars about 8 months ago. IMO stars has the best UI (seat availablity is as close to real time as I've seen), sensible rules (timeout = fold)and reasonable SNG structures (T1500 to start, and I really like the turbo SNG's). It's a good mix of players too.

I play mostly NL SNG's, but I also enjoy playing stud ring games, and Stars has some good ones.

Just my $0.02