PDA

View Full Version : AK against a 3 bet

bicyclekick
06-22-2004, 03:30 AM
In a small sample size (102 hands) he's 20% flops seen, 4% raise. He went to showdown 47% and won 50% so it would appear he's loose postflop.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

River: (7.33 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets

Anyone like my line? C/r the turn? What if he 3 bets? Given I just c/c the river the bet is proper, no? Anyone hate my flop call? I think it was pretty standard.

ps I know this hand is really boring...unintersting, but this kinda thing comes up so often and I know I can benefit by going over it a thousand times. I suppose there are people that would argue if you dont know what to do play a lower limit. Blah blah blah. ;P

nykenny
06-22-2004, 10:11 AM
i guess it is pretty standard to call on flop. but why not bet or c/r the turn?

Kenny

bicyclekick
06-22-2004, 12:34 PM
My thinking at the time is he'll fold say TT-QQ to a c/r, but he'll call my river bet with them. Therefor I get 1 more BB...? C/R if he calls does net 1 more bb, though.

nykenny
06-22-2004, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he'll fold say TT-QQ to a c/r

[/ QUOTE ]
player dependent. last nite, i raised with AK, BB called. flop came KK4, he check i check, turn J, he bet i raise, he call river i bet he call. after i view hand history, i found out he had A7o, no pair no draw. called river too

Zele
06-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Against a lot of the Party lineup, if you CR the turn, you stand to get called down by an underpair and raised by a worse K (I've been p/f 3-bet with both KTs and KJo more than once in this game.) If he 3-bets it, call and check-call the river.

If he's a decent player, then I think you played it correctly.

samdash
06-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Why not checkraise the turn? Its so unlikely to run into AA or KK here. You could get 3 bet here and still be in the lead. You could easily be up against KQ/KJ thinking you were just stealing (fairly LP raise if I remember correctly?). Depending on your image you may cause a worse hand to fold on the turn, but people will call down with very little in this game. And even if they fold a 2 outer it's probably not much worse than collecting 1 more bet on the river.