PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 hand

DaveB
06-22-2004, 02:35 AM
I did kind of a weird stop and go on the turn/river here. Should I play this differently?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB raises, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 6h 9h (three of a kind, sixes).
BB shows Jd Js (two pair, jacks and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB. </font>

Peter_rus
06-22-2004, 02:40 AM
If you call 3-bet on turn - you should definately check-raise river.

kiddo
06-22-2004, 04:25 AM
Small blind - coming for half price - checkraise turn on a 7663 board and a player NOT RAISING his JJ preflop now suddenly 3bets. Yeez, he played it wrong on both streets.

Since he didnt raise preflop I would not put him on an overpair. If he is very aggressive I would cap, hoping he is on draw or topppair and then bet river. But I dont think a decent player would 3bet you - as long as you aint loose aggressive - if you checkraised turn in this spot and you have no kicker so checkcalling his 3bet and checkcall river is also ok.

This stop and go is more often used on flop when you have position and flop (for example) 2nd pair, bet out, and get raised on a board that contains a 2- or 3flush. You just call flopraise and if turn isnt the fluschard you bet out. The combination of him having toppair OR flusdraw hitting 1/3 made it better to call flop. But now, if he is on a draw, he only got 1/5 and also if he raises your turnbet you can - against many players - safely fold.

This stop and go can also be used against someonme that will often raise his overcards on flop if he raised preflop. You are sitting in Big Blind and flop a draw, yoi bet flop, he raises, you call. On turn you bet your draw again hoping he will fold his overcards and if he doesnt you got outs. Of course this move is playerdendent, some players never fold 2 overcards headsup, normally making it stupid to bet a draw without a high card.

doubleas
06-23-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm new to limit, but why would you just call on the turn, but bet the river? If you had raised the turn and bet the river, you'd have gotten 2 bets instead of 1.

I'd understand a little more if you check-raised river, but then you run the risk of a check behind you and the outcome is the same...2 bets.

Why not cap the turn?

I've seen players do this against me before without position and it confuses me.

DaveB
06-23-2004, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to limit, but why would you just call on the turn, but bet the river? If you had raised the turn and bet the river, you'd have gotten 2 bets instead of 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I could also lose 3. Basically I had a hard time putting him on a hand I could beat on the turn and got scared. Then on the river I decided to throw another bet out there. Probably not the best way to play the hand but that's why I posted it here.

tripdad
06-23-2004, 02:38 PM
cap the turn, bet the river. opponents action screams a slow played big PP and they ALWAYS pay off.

cheers!