PDA

View Full Version : "Final table", AQ in SB

Deelah
06-21-2004, 11:04 PM
$100 + one rebuy live tournament and just 13 players /images/graemlins/confused.gif

We´re down to 7 players and the blinds are 200-400, no ante. Ive got TC5000 after posting SB, which is a pretty short stack. Average around 10k.

All fold to me in the small blind and I find AQo. The big blind has me slightly covered. I limp in, BB makes the traditional punishthesmallblindlimper-raise to 1600 and I go all-in.
He thinks for half a minute saying "I kind of messed up now.." but calls the bet with 99 and Im out.

How would you have played this hand? I guess I should have raised it in the first place - is there another raise than all in in that case? I guess not.
My thought and hopes was that he would make this move and then call all-in with a weaker ace than mine.

Could I have seen the flop and then decide what to do? A stop-and-go?

Thoughts is appreciated! Gl at the tables. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

AceKQJT
06-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Doesn't look so bad to me. Just completing isn't a bad move here. When he raises you, I think your only raise is all-in. I doubt if the Stop-N-Go would be effective here, even though your flop bet would be more-or-less pot-sized, because he is also (apparantly) short stacked and is probably pot-stuck at this point anyway (+/- 30% of his stack in the pot pre-flop). If the stacks were deeper, I would say stop-n-go.

--Casey