PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about women driving Huge SUV's

BeerMoney
06-21-2004, 09:30 PM
and talking on cell phones at the same time? This is my number one pet peeve.

elwoodblues
06-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Same way as I feel about men driving Geos talking on cell phones.

daryn
06-22-2004, 12:55 AM
i hate this.. the worst driver in the universe is an asian woman, in an suv, on the phone, in the winter, in a dunkin donuts drive through.

seriously, men and women are different. we are just mentally different. sometimes i think that mental difference manifests itself in women being worse drivers than men in general.

MMMMMM
06-22-2004, 01:29 AM
"Same way as I feel about men driving Geos talking on cell phones."

Elwood, you may indeed feel the same way about both, but to think the same about both is not even remotely correct. SUV's obstruct your vision and Geo's don't. You are safer following a Geo especially in traffic or on the highway since you can actually SEE what is going on ahead of you for a good distance when following a Geo.

Therefore, women driving SUV's present more of a hazard to other drivers than do men driving Geo's.

Also, doesn't it piss you off a little to not be able to see around that clunky object in front of you? Forgive me but I find it rather hard to believe you even feel the same about women driving SUVs as you do about men driving Geos.

elwoodblues
06-22-2004, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't it piss you off a little to not be able to see around that clunky object in front of you

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a lot more to piss me off than a large car.

ACPlayer
06-22-2004, 08:42 AM
If they are hot, interesting and heading to my place, I feel fine about them.

superleeds
06-22-2004, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SUV's obstruct your vision and Geo's don't. You are safer following a Geo especially in traffic or on the highway since you can actually SEE what is going on ahead of you for a good distance when following a Geo

[/ QUOTE ]

You're driving to close /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BeerMoney
06-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Some women are totally flighty, and have no clue what the hell is going on around them.

The other 40% don't care cause they think the world revolves around them. They'll take 15 minutes backing up, switching there cell phone from hand to hand, etc.. cause they really don't care that you're waiting. Or, they're changing lanes and don't bother looking cause they're on the phone talking about what their gonna make for dinner.

stripsqueez
06-22-2004, 09:23 AM
you guys have no clue

women are better drivers - she who must be obeyed says so

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

John Cole
06-22-2004, 11:07 AM
I like Rumpole, too.

smudgex68
06-22-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in women being worse drivers than men in general

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree. I read a survey recently stating that 80% of women masturbate when driving. This surprised me.

elwoodblues
06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
read a survey recently stating that 80% of women masturbate when driving

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the study said that 90% of men like to believe that 80% of women masturbate when driving.

adios
06-22-2004, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, men and women are different. we are just mentally different. sometimes i think that mental difference manifests itself in women being worse drivers than men in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that one. I see some crazy driving from men. I think my wife is a better driver than I am.

nicky g
06-22-2004, 12:03 PM
And I thought driving was a substitute for masturbation.

daryn
06-22-2004, 12:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that one. I see some crazy driving from men. I think my wife is a better driver than I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know i said in general right? in other words, if you see one guy out there that is a horrible driver, that doesn't necessarily refute my claim, nor does the fact that you think your wife is a better driver than you.

Clarkmeister
06-22-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
women being worse drivers than men in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women pay less in car insurance than men. The insurance companies disagree with your assessment.

BeerMoney
06-22-2004, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
women being worse drivers than men in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women pay less in car insurance than men. The insurance companies disagree with your assessment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be that guys are more likely to be sauced up!

nice picture.

Chris Alger
06-22-2004, 02:20 PM

elwoodblues
06-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Or it might be that in general they drive more cautiously and that pisses off a bunch of guys who want to pass them (especially if they're driving an SUV).

Clarkmeister
06-22-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

sfer
06-22-2004, 03:04 PM
About the same as when I see dudes on cellphones driving SUVs. Which is to say about the same as when I'm walking past men and women, generally one to a car, stuck in NY traffic in SUVs--thankful for public transportation.

MaxPower
06-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Aren't you the same guy who complained about women golfers and just made a post regarding rape?

Do you have some hostily towards women?

superleeds
06-22-2004, 03:34 PM
This is because when women are involved in accidents they tend to be less serious and therefore less costly not because they are particularly worse or better drivers

BeerMoney
06-22-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Aren't you the same guy who complained about women golfers and just made a post regarding rape?

Do you have some hostily towards women?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhhhhhhh! LOL..

Rape is gross everyone knows that. But what would be worse would be to be falsely accused of such. I think people forget that. We've become so obsessed with recognizing how gross it is, that we've lost sight of the fact that defendants are still innocent until proven guilty. Thus in a rape case, it is the burden of the prosecution to prove their case, blah blah blah.. The thing is, it will often be one person's word against anothers. So, even if you are tending to side with the accuser, so long as there is some doubt, you should find not guilty. (I'm sure you know all of this.)
At a university I know of, a freshman girl wasn't adjusting well to school, and she made up a story of how she was raped. Filed false police reports, etc... Nothing was done to the girl. Meanwhile Joe Schmoe gets caught sneaking a six pack into his dorm room, and he's spending the night and jail, and has a permanent record. Doesn't seem fair.

Clarkmeister
06-22-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is because when women are involved in accidents they tend to be less serious and therefore less costly not because they are particularly worse or better drivers

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I don't think it is a stretch at all to equate less severe and less costly accidents with being safer (better) drivers.

superleeds
06-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Think more of when they are driving and the places they are driving - it takes a lot of fender benders picking up the kids from school to equal the cost of a pile up during a foggy morning rush hour.

I'm not saying they are better or worse but neither are insurance companies.

ericd
06-22-2004, 04:06 PM
I wish you could have mentored me when I was in school. That way I would have sat next to the girls in English and the boys in Math. At least now I have a good excuse for not having better grades.

ArchAngel71857
06-22-2004, 04:07 PM
How do you feel about women driving Huge SUV's

Incredibly turned on?

Only uncontrollable if they have a Femullet.

And are masturbating.

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
06-22-2004, 04:11 PM
there are some exceptions here.
1. Women are excellent drivers when they have their kids in the car, partly because they pay attention more because of their "babies"
2. Women that drive their own car are better drivers than women who drive cars bought for them by their husbands.

The cell phone is a mute point, unless you think women talk on the phone more often than men. BTW, how many of you guys out there use the hands free device while you drive? If you don't I really recommend getting/using one. It makes driving much easier and safer. Hopefully if people start seeing more people using them it will become the norm.

ArchAngel71857
06-22-2004, 04:18 PM
BTW, how many of you guys out there use the hands free device while you drive?

Aren't most places requiring these by law now?

Also, I hear it isn't the physical act of talking on the phone, but the mental wandering during a conversation that leads to accidents. Mostly because I call phone sex lines and picture the girls masturbating while driving.

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
06-22-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't most places requiring these by law now?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think NYC is the only place to pass a law requiring it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I hear it isn't the physical act of talking on the phone, but the mental wandering during a conversation that leads to accidents.

[/ QUOTE ]
That may be true, but I have noticed its much easier for me to drive and talk at the same time.

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly because I call phone sex lines and picture the girls masturbating while driving.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I thought I was the only person that did this.

BeerMoney
06-22-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are some exceptions here.
1. Women are excellent drivers when they have their kids in the car, partly because they pay attention more because of their "babies"
2. Women that drive their own car are better drivers than women who drive cars bought for them by their husbands.

The cell phone is a mute point, unless you think women talk on the phone more often than men. BTW, how many of you guys out there use the hands free device while you drive? If you don't I really recommend getting/using one. It makes driving much easier and safer. Hopefully if people start seeing more people using them it will become the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a smart ass, but its moot, not mute.. And it actually means a point which can be argued.. Anyway, you're trying to tell me you've never been driving down the road behind someone driving cluelessly, and what d'ya know, some idiot on a cell phone.. Usually in an SUV, cause hey, the road's all theirs, and usually a woman.. BTW, I always lose with aces.

ArchAngel71857
06-22-2004, 04:31 PM
I think NYC is the only place to pass a law requiring it.

i know DC recently passed something along these liness. Same thing with Maryland though I hear they don't enforce it.

-AA

Gamblor
06-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Perhaps it follows a skewed normal distribution:

Driving ability vs. testosterone/estrogen

In other words, you might be a pussy /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, there's likely some overlap in the curves.

cardcounter0
06-22-2004, 04:47 PM
NYC, DC, and Maryland.

Yep. That would be most places alright.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
06-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Listen here smart ass!! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, you're trying to tell me you've never been driving down the road behind someone driving cluelessly, and what d'ya know, some idiot on a cell phone.. Usually in an SUV, cause hey, the road's all theirs, and usually a woman..

[/ QUOTE ]
Well sure, but I have also been behind people in Malibus, Taurus', Accords, and Camry's who weren't on cell phones who were clueless.. Its not a rule of thumb that everyone who drives an SUV is a moron, nor is it a rule of thumb that all women are terrible drivers.

BeerMoney, I will give you the benefit of the doubt here that your just frustrated and thats why you posted this, because if you are being serious you certainly are painting with a broad brush.