PDA

View Full Version : POKERSTARS 500TH HAND RIGGED?????????

snowbank
06-21-2004, 09:13 PM
I saw the winners for the Pokerstars 500th hand, which was played at a .50/1 limit hold em table. One thing stood out to me immediately... One of participants in the hand and winner of $1,000 cash and entry to the $2500+$100 hold em tournament was a player who is VERY much above the .50/1 limits. He is a very successful tourney player and has probably 10,000 times the bankroll he needs for .50/1. I have never in my life seen him at limits even close to that low. My question is, is there any way anyone would have known which table would be given the 5,000,000th hand?

PITTM
06-21-2004, 09:17 PM
nope, it all had to do with how quickly each hand was being played at each table. making it mostly random.

rj

Dynasty
06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Did you consider the possiblity that this player decided to play as many tables as possible for an hour or so leading up to the big hand? So, he decided to play very small stakes to limit his losses in case playing so many tables is difficult for him.

Or, did you just forget to use your brain and decide there was a conspiracy?

Greg J
06-21-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider the possiblity that this player decided to play as many tables as possible for an hour or so leading up to the big hand? So, he decided to play very small stakes to limit his losses in case playing so many tables is difficult for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way dude. i'm sure this has something to do with the man on the grassy knoll.

The truth is out there

snowbank
06-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Yes Dynasty I did. Just a curiosity question which is why I asked if there was 'any way it could be rigged'? Simple opinion question. Somebody give Dynasty a hug.

SossMan
06-21-2004, 10:22 PM
El Diablo didn't take you for TOO much, did he?

MicroBob
06-21-2004, 10:36 PM
i also have 10k times the bankroll necessary for the tables i was on.....i was auto-folding on .01/.02 and .02/.04

perhaps the recommended bankroll for such promotions should be 10000XBB bankroll.
never can be too cautious afterall.

Dynasty
06-21-2004, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo didn't take you for TOO much, did he?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually just posted a NL hand between myself and El Diablo just before reading your post. Since I only played about 10 hands during the four hours I was in the 2+2 Commerce NL game, it's probably the only time El Diablo and I seriously contested a pot against each other.

jasonHoldEm
06-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Haven't you heard? ALL internet poker is rigged!!

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pzhon
06-22-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of participants in the hand and winner of $1,000 cash and entry to the $2500+$100 hold em tournament was a player who is VERY much above the .50/1 limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

For that promotion, I multi-tabled short-handed turbo play money games. I played hands at a much higher rate than I normally do. Was trying to raise people out better than autofolding? I'm not sure, but I ended up ahead a few hundred play chips.

pudley4
06-22-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, this is the same poster who continually posts hand history questions in this forum as opposed to the correct stakes/NL/tournament fourm, despite repeated reminders.