PDA

View Full Version : KK heads up after an A flops

Sandwich
06-21-2004, 09:06 PM
7 left, 10+1 NL SNG on Party Poker, blinds are 50/100.

I have 725 chips.

I have K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP.

UTG limps, EP (who has me covered by 50 chips) raises to 100.

I make it 300. UTG folds. EP calls.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP pushes his remaining stack all in.

What's your move?

Me? (in white)
<font color="white"> I joined EP all in. EP flipped AJ of hearts and ends up beating me with a pair of aces.</font>

eastbay
06-21-2004, 09:21 PM
With the raise and the call of the re-raise, he's probably got it. Super tough laydown, though.

eastbay

NotMitch
06-21-2004, 09:24 PM
With the blinds at 50/100 how did he raise to 100? Regardless with less than 8x the BB this is an automatic pre flop all in.

Sandwich
06-21-2004, 09:34 PM
oops, he raised 100 more, and I raised 250 more.... something like that.

I know I played this wrong.... I just needed a swift kick in the rear because I seem to be making lots of boneheaded calls lately.

hhboy77
06-21-2004, 11:25 PM
don't beat yourself up too much. that doesn't help anything.

i will say that you got a bit too cute with your kings. when he raised, i think you should have pushed all in - especially given the revised blinds. getting all your money in the pot preflop kk without having to overraise a raiser is a pretty good situation. there's a variety of hands that people will call reraises from shortstacks who they think may have gotten desperate.

in this situation, you didn't. make him pay if he thinks you did. in general with kk, if you raise and someone calls or you raise and someone reraises (and you decide for some reason to slow play your kings) i'd be more inclined to take a chance with the a on the board as opposed to the situation you describe.

umdpoker
06-21-2004, 11:41 PM
easy fold imo. what do you think he has?

Girazze
06-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Easy fold....even though you hate to toss KK. You HAVE to believe he has the ace in his hand with his all-in bet. Why would he go all-in when an ace flops if he didn't have one? Would he risk a bluff without an ace after an ace flopped? I don't think he would. He knows you have something good....and may even have an ace as well so he went for it after pairing his up.