PDA

View Full Version : Blind stealing, a few hands from a 6-max beginner

Guido
06-21-2004, 08:14 PM
<font color="blue"> Hand 1 </font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Guido checks.

River: (3.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Guido checks.

Final Pot: 3.20 BB

Bet the turn? Bet the river?

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 </font>

Preflop: Guido is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Guido calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Guido calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, Button checks.

River: (5.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Guido checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

Bet the river?

<font color="blue"> Hand 3</font>

Preflop: Guido is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

<font color="blue"> Hand 4</font>

Preflop: Guido is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 2.70 BB

<font color="blue"> Hand 5</font>

Preflop: Guido is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Guido calls.

River: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Thanks,

Guido

Vehn
06-21-2004, 08:17 PM
1: You have to bet the turn. Cmon.

2: I don't understand the flop bet at all. After he checks the turn he screams pocket pair QQ or lower. Bet the river for value.

3: ok?

4: ok?

5: ok?

stripsqueez
06-21-2004, 08:21 PM
ahhh - what vehn said...

vehn is a limit poker god

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Guido
06-21-2004, 08:38 PM
1) I thought so /images/graemlins/frown.gif

2) Me neither... What would you do? Check-raise? Call down? Check-fold?

Thanks,

Guido

Vehn
06-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Most of the time I check call all streets minus improvement.

Nate tha' Great
06-21-2004, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time I check call all streets minus improvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my play is the same as Vehn's. You can't bet the flop "for information" here because your opponents will routinely mislead you (and it doesn't seem like you used that information anyway).

Peter_rus
06-22-2004, 01:26 AM
1. Lead turn and river.
2. Bet river - he has medium or small pair.

the rest is fine.

Steve Giufre
06-22-2004, 01:39 AM
I would not always bet the turn in hand one. If up agaist a solid player who will call every time he is ahead and fold every time he is behind, betting might not be right.

stripsqueez
06-22-2004, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would not always bet the turn in hand one. If up agaist a solid player who will call every time he is ahead and fold every time he is behind, betting might not be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

betting might not be right but thats hardly the point - will a good player fold a hand containing 1 heart that is currently behind ? - if the answers no would you like the good player to pay for his draw or get it for free ? - if the answers yes would you like to win the pot now by betting ?

if he has some sort of draw to pay the flop but would fold to a turn bet then you must bet the turn

anything that significantly enhances your chances of winning as opposed to losing a pot this big is auto

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

kiddo
06-22-2004, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lead river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its very often a misstake to bet river when you raised preflop, bet flop and bet turn and are sitting with A high.

If he hasnt folded after you have tried to make him do excatly that 3 times, he will not fold anything better then your AT now. And there are not a lot of worse hands that he will call with. Specially, if he knows you will bet all streets with A high it will get very proiftable to call you down with small pairs (and specially when flop is paired, making the chance you werent hit much bigger).

Betting river with A high in this spot is like betting a hand that only can beat a bluff and you dont see many bluffcalls on river. (on flop you see a lot of them, someone bluffraises, you 3bet and they bluffcall)

Peter_rus
06-22-2004, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he hasnt folded after you have tried to make him do excatly that 3 times, he will not fold anything better then your AT now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you right. But consider next: if he has any pair (flopped or pocket) - standart player would reraise turn or flop. Smooth calling of normal player can meaning also wicker ace, some kind of straght draw or lower pair. We are talking about 5/10? &amp;#1054;&amp;#1082;, in that case smooth calling can mean any trash K-high. If player is nice - i wouldn't bet - if i scared him earlier i will bet hoping to push out some hands like 22-44. If he is loose/passive i will raise - i don't like to often show wikness on river. What do you expect then? Check-call? Check-fold? I find that many players consider river bet as much stronger move and can throw away marginal hands which can beat me.

If you check and do this often - small pair will bet on you - if you bet - it will call o maybe fold. Depending on player you can catch raise-if-checked bluff - but on river it's not so often i think.

By the way i think it's some kind of playing style i think - mixing up check with raise in these situation is better way. Not to be too straight forward - good way to beat while HU.