PDA

View Full Version : The game -- finally explained -- I understand now!

magithighs
06-21-2004, 07:12 PM
I wake up this Father's day to a wonderful surprise from my 5 year old daughter's presents.

So, I'm in a good mood and recount the hand that put me out of $11 pokerstars tourney. I'm in 6'th chip position with 105 chips and the blinds are 2k/4k. One late limper and I'm in the small blind with aces and I raise to 24k, thinking I want entice a confrontation with the late limper.

The late limper (4'th chip position with 145k) raises all-in, and it's all going according to plan. I happily call the all-in bet. He turns over pocket dueces and I happily show my aces. The flop comes 3, 2, 4. Doh! No five comes and I'm out.

The resulting pot put this guy in a huge chip lead. Man, what I could have done with that chip lead.

So, I look over to my wife and she says "Honey,....that's why they call it gambling." I now realize why I married my wife -- she can make things pretty simple, and is able to move on!

So, I enjoy the rest of my Father's day. And, I now know that no matter how many (I've suffered way more than normal these past four days) bad beats one suffers, that's why it's gambling.

The odds will win in the end -- and I do. However, as hard as we try, it's really still gambling.