PDA

View Full Version : semi-bluff turn? value bet river?

Guy McSucker
06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Still trying to get the hang of limit poker... Online game. I just sat down.

I have J2 hearts in the BB. Three limp, SB limps, I check.

Flop: 7 4 2, one heart. Everybody checks.

Turn: Q hearts.

I would normally check this card since it's right in the playing zone. Is this worth an occasional semi-bluff?

My semibluffing mouse finger got the better of me and bet. First limper raised. Second called. Two fold. I call.

River is a J for two pair. Bet here?

Guy.

1800GAMBLER
06-21-2004, 06:08 PM
If it's party's 15/30.

I bet the turn, since they seem to truely have nothing at all on the flop, they are so aggressive that once they check they have utterly hopeless cards.

I'd checkraise the river. The board is so raggy i'm not giving them credit for having me beat, plus there's a player in the middle.

Vehn
06-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Many online poker sites will give a transcript of a particular hand on request, a "hand history" if you will.

Guy McSucker
06-22-2004, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Many online poker sites will give a transcript of a particular hand on request, a "hand history" if you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, the only potentially relevant information not present in my post that would be available in a history is the precise positions of the three preflop limpers.

If this information has an impact on the proper play of the hand, obviously I'd like to know in what way, and would appreciate your insight.

If, alternatively, you believe that my post was harder to read than a converted hand history, then we're just going to disagree.

Guy.

afish
06-22-2004, 08:01 AM
You have to bet the turn. You might have the best hand, and you want to push out overcards.

I'd bet the river, because the turn raiser could slow down, in light of the turn cold call behind him.

BarronVangorToth
06-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Bet the turn; call a raise.

IF raised, checkraise the river. IF not, bet out.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)
"A2 + B2 = C2"