PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 blind steal with 66- very interesting hand

scooby
06-21-2004, 05:10 PM
preface #1 PT ate this hand, so sorry for the format...I'm not quite sure how to post this without the history, so I put a random hand into the converter and then tried to mangle it.

preface #2 I'm moving up in limits, and while I don't normally play 15/30, there was a big fish at the table, so I put on my Hemingway hat and sat down.

The story: I'd been playing very tight, only showing good hands, when it got folded to me:
Hero is CU with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
I raised, hoping to steal the blinds. Button seemed to have "raise any" button pressed and threebet (Do people use this as a tell?). BB calls two cold (seemed kind of LAG) and I call. Three to the flop of:

<font color="666666">
Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="CC3333">

Hmm...BB checks, and I debated between betting in hopes of getting something like a red JJ or QQ to get out, or just checking and folding, or checking and calling. I was pretty sure I was behind on the flop, but I wasn't sure how much...AclubsK or any big pp with a club and I'm bleeding chips...anyone got suggestions on the flop? Anyway,

I check, and Button checks (??) for a free turn.
Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Well, this gives me the OESD, along with the flush draw, and maybe two sixes for outs as well. This definitely seems worthy of a bet. BB checks, I bet, button comes to life and raises, BB folds, and I call. I thought about threebetting and then leading out any nonclub river but I think the raise here means button has a king. The turn check is very strange...he might AQ of clubs and I'm drawing dead, and I don't want to put in a ton of bets in there, so I decide to just call.
River: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I decided to lead out and call a raise if it came, but I'm not sure if it was teh right play. The thought of checkraising and then calling a threebet makes me sick, because I think he shows down AQ of clubs or something similar most of hte time, but I'm not really sure about the river play, either.

What's your play here? Go for the checkraise? Bet/threebet/call a cap? What would you do if the river were a club? Basically, I had no idea where I was on this hand, and I thought most of the decisions were not easy, so I'm asking for advice.

ike
06-22-2004, 05:01 AM
I'm probably nuts. Its late and i should be sleeping not thinking about this hand. Anyhow how is this line:
Checkraise the flop, fold if 3 bet.
Lead the turn regardless of suit unless its a nonclub ace, if it is, checkfold. Fold to a raise unless you've hit a set.
If you bet the turn and are called, bet the river. Fold to a raise.
Seems to me like they're gonna need to a make a pair of kings or better to win this hand if they're reasonably tight. AQ no clubs, AJ no clubs, red pocket pairs lower than KK, are all going to be forced out of this hand by the river. If you play passively you will probably but in bets only when behind, although you are ahead most of the time. However, you hand is awful and any hand that has you beaten has you beaten badly (with the exception of clubless AK, which probably can't raise) so anytime you're raised you must muck.

Clarkmeister
06-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Bet the flop and hope the button raises you, getting it headsup. Once you are headsup with a pair and a flush draw in this raised pot, you essentially just get to showdown.

Nomar
06-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Ike, I like you thinking, but I think in this hand the problem the hero is facing is when the flop is checked. Now when hero leads the turn, he will be raised most of the time...and I think he will either be winning or have club outs a good portion of the time...

nykenny
06-24-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop and hope the button raises you, getting it headsup. Once you are headsup with a pair and a flush draw in this raised pot, you essentially just get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark is on a roll. I am agreeing with you 100% these days. Does that mean i am better now as well??

thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif