PDA

View Full Version : well now what

Vehn
06-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Long story short - I have acquired 20 shares of ERTS (nasdaq) class A common stock. I want to get rid of them. How do I go about doing that?

Zeno
06-21-2004, 04:13 PM
ERTS is trading at about $51.39 right now. You have a little over one grand worth of shares. This is really peanuts. Why not just sign the shares over to me.

Paper shares or electronic version?

-Zeno

Vehn
06-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Paper.

adios
06-21-2004, 04:30 PM
You might want to call around but I'm fairly certain that you can open up a brokerage account at any discount broker, deposit the shares which will be converted to "street name" shares, and then when the dust has settled in a couple of days sell them if you want to. I don't think the conversion costs any money and you'll be out a brokerage commission and of course have the brokerage send you a check. You also may be able to contact ERTS investor relations and they may buy from you as well.

Vehn
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Hmm OK so I'll have to mail them off to someone then? Or would it be easier to find a local broker? Whats a normal brokerage commission? According to their website EA does not have a "direct stock purchase plan".

adios
06-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Try Scottrade or TD Waterhouse as they have local branch offices (you live in the twin cities if I recall correctly). You can dump them at Scottrade for $7 or TD Waterhouse for $10.