PDA

View Full Version : Was this Weak?

Shalara
06-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Shalara is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Shalara raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Shalara bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Shalara checks.

River: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Shalara checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, between UTG and Shalara.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Shalara (4.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Qs 4c (high card, queen).
Shalara shows As Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Shalara wins 4.75 BB. </font>

I have a little more info on UTG than I did before. She is LP. Calls any face or ace, keeps calling draws with no consideration of odds. Has already check-raised me earlier. Seems to only bet when she makes a hand though.

When she called the flop, I thought she had a draw or a low pair. Draw more likely, as I think she'd probably still bet a low pair. And I had... big cards. And a backdoor draw. So I checked behind. Should I have bet here?

How about the river?

lil'
06-21-2004, 03:57 PM
You must bet the river here, against a known or unknown player. What leads you to believe that you are not ahead on the river, given the play of the hand so far?

JARID
06-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Shalara,

I think you need to bet the river. Probably get paid off with a 3,6, or 7. If she rivered a straight I think she would have bet given that you checked the turn.

-Jarid

Lost Wages
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
I would bet the turn. It's headsup and you have a gutshot and 2 overcards plus you may even have the best hand. Of course failing that you must bet the river. No way she is going for a checkraise, she would bet 2 pair or better. The way the action went it looks like you missed your overcards so she will call with any pair.

Lost Wages

MAxx
06-21-2004, 04:11 PM
I make this mistake sometimes, but if you think about it... river check was weak. I agree with checking turn. On river, your opponent has now checked for a second time... even after you checked behind on turn. This player has nothing or at best bottom or middle pair, but more likely missed draw. You have no reason to fear a check-raise, and no reason to think you are not ahead with tptk here. You have no reason to fear checkraise b/c if he had a made hand on turn and had planned to c/r you on turn... when you checked behind he missed that opportunity and would have certainly bet out on river. If he made his hand on river he would of bet out also, because he would be afraid you would check again b/c or your prior weakness. You should have bet river, but if it makes you feel any better... I do not think you were going to get a call anyway.

StogeyMike
06-21-2004, 04:17 PM
I would have bet the turn to deny UTG (a known draw chaser) any free cards. Given a turn check I would definitely have bet the river for value with my TPTK. Your check-check just gives UTG the opportunity to out-draw and show you down for free, which is exactly what she wants to do.

Yes, this play was a little weak - not only did you give your opponent a free card, you missed out on winning extra bets that she no doubt would have called.