PDA

View Full Version : Accused of Cheating.....

nickey009
06-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I didn't know where to post this too but I wanted/needed to say something.

I have pocket 9's in early position. I try to limp in and call the .50 BB. It gets folded around to the SB who raises to 2.25. The BB Calls and I call hoping to catch my set and break someone. Flop comes up super ugly:

236 rainbow.

I'm thinking this is a pretty good flop for me. The problem is that the SB bets the pot. The BB raised him all in. I'm thinking that someone caught a set or AA or KK. I'm all ready to fold it when the "disconnected trying to reconnect" thing comes up. I guess I lost my connection. It's seriously my first time ever losing a connection.

The SB had AA and took down the pot against BB's 77. They both accuse me of cheating and called me a cheap ass. I feel wrongly accused here. Anyone else have a similiar experience? Any comments on mine?

juris
06-21-2004, 01:50 PM
I'd have called you a cheater too. That is exactly what it looks like. Timing is awfully suspicious. If you weren't cheating, chalk it up and move on. You won't convince your opponents otherwise.

nykenny
06-21-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know where to post this too but I wanted/needed to say something.

I have pocket 9's in early position. I try to limp in and call the .50 BB. It gets folded around to the SB who raises to 2.25. The BB Calls and I call hoping to catch my set and break someone. Flop comes up super ugly:

236 rainbow.

I'm thinking this is a pretty good flop for me. The problem is that the SB bets the pot. The BB raised him all in. I'm thinking that someone caught a set or AA or KK. I'm all ready to fold it when the "disconnected trying to reconnect" thing comes up. I guess I lost my connection. It's seriously my first time ever losing a connection.

The SB had AA and took down the pot against BB's 77. They both accuse me of cheating and called me a cheap ass. I feel wrongly accused here. Anyone else have a similiar experience? Any comments on mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, all the time (not a lot) i get disconnected and won. i usually just tell them politely: "look at my hand, i have an over pair, was gonna raise you.", and if they keep at it, "you are my fish anyway, I don't need to cheat to win from you".

but just the other day, while i was running real bad, i had 4 hands going when this disconnection happened. i had AQ flopping A, TT flopping rags after 3 betting before flop, and another AQ didn't flop yet, and some other hand that's deap in the progress. after the reconnection, i found out my TT was folded (don't know why), AQ lost to flopped set, and 2nd AQ didn't play, the other hand (don't remember what) won as I expected.

So my cheap NETGEAR wireless NIC just costed me $260 /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kenny

nykenny
06-21-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have called you a cheater too. That is exactly what it looks like. Timing is awfully suspicious. If you weren't cheating, chalk it up and move on. You won't convince your opponents otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

convince them by saying, "who the hell would cheat for $5????"

nickey009
06-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I agree that it's suspicious. The guy with the AA left and I played like 2 more hands talking to them trying to tell them that I didn't cheat....but it was useless so I left.

obex
06-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Two words: disable chat.

Who cares what they think? They are bodyless strangers in the big void of the internet. You know you didn't cheat. I certainly wouldn't leave a table because players are mad at you. That can only help you.

namknils
06-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I've had this too. I don't get disconnected much but I recently did on a hand that I was playing when I had a tough decision. I got disconnected (unintentionally of course) and didn't see what happened in the hand.

If I saw somebody else do what just happened to me I would have suspected them of cheating, but I wouldn't yell at them at the table. If you are getting called out for it just tell them it was not cheating and forget about it. You're the only one that really knows. Don't waste your breath trying to explain, they wont beleive you.

luckycharms
06-21-2004, 05:35 PM
I got disconnected with AA preflop before the action got to me.... I wept for days