PDA

View Full Version : Limit vs NL luck factor

mrbaseball
06-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Is there less luck in limit tournament play? My tournament and sng play used to be exclusively limit until about a year ago when the NL bug bit me. Since then I have for the most part abandoned limit tourneys and sngs for NL.

But with the advent of 3 table multis at Party I have started playing these in limit form with very good results so far. The play is incredibly soft from what I have seen so far and a patient and solid player can do well. It seems like the bad and maniacal play which is often (wrongly) rewarded in NL doesn't carry it's knockout punch in limit and there are plenty of chances to get all of the maniacs chips eventually. Plus I got to thinking about the recent WPT limit tourney which actually featured 5 of the final 6 players as well respected pro's which is something we almost never see in the no limit broadcasts.

I'm thinking limit is a better deal for better players. I think I am going to be playing a few more limit tourneys and sngs. I really like no limit but it seems that the overaggressive idiots have much more likelyhood to get lucky in no limit when they virtually have no chance in limit.

Mason has written that limit actually takes more skill. I think so too. The all in fests often reward the wrong guy.