PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SNG Invitation to all 2+2 players

DrPhysic
06-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the 2+2 SNG gang.

The 2+2 SNG games are $10+1 18 seat SNGs on Poker Stars. They are the first empty game after the published starting time.

The “EURO” SNG game at 4PM EDT/8PM GMT/9PM BST on Tuesday. Look for Stone_Eyes (Stoneii), or HelmetSky (Praying Mantis). They start the EURO games.

The later games are usually Thursday nights. The 8:00PM EDT “Atlantic” game will be started by neutron999 (Pitcher), or skaboomizzy.

The 9:30 EDT “US” game is started by DrPhysic or Toro85.

The person starting the game will sign on to the first available empty $10+1 18 player NLHE SNG on Stars after the specified start time. That is how you find the game. It may take a few minutes after the hour for a previous table to fill.

There is no signup or registration.

You will see a notice on Tournament Forum (TF), 1 Table Tournament Forum (1TTF), and Internet Forum (Zoo), Monday afternoons. Read it. Sometimes the days, times, or people starting the game change.

It helps if you pm me with your signon at Stars. That way we know who is who in the game. Not required if you wish to remain in hiding. Some do, and it is respected.

I recommend you be quick. BUT PLEASE, wait for the person starting the game. 2+2ers jumping into a previous partly filled game gets very confusing. We have filled 18 seats in the US evening game in 15 to 30 seconds.

During the game you may show cards if you wish. Play your own game. I highly recommend that you pay attention to poker. I find that difficult while ROFLMAO (rolling on floor laughing my ass off) at the chat line.

There is a report posted on 1TTF after the game. Your name may be used in vain if you either really blow it, or whip the old pros. This is a great opportunity for learners (like me) to get a chance to play with highly experienced poker players who are coming down from $50/$100/$200 games to play with the 2+2 gang.

Players are invited to post their good, bad, or ??? hands in the report thread.

Sometimes there is a Saturday game announced separately that is either a cash game or a satellite to the Sunday 200+15.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

See you at the games.

Doc

DrPhysic
06-21-2004, 12:04 PM
To all the lurkers and newbies out there:

Jump in.

Getting to play against the top 2+2 tournament players at a reasonable buy-in one, two or three times a week is the best education money can buy! You PAY for your poker tuition. I know of nowhere that you can play against top players at such an affordable price.

We want more players. To those who have watched, read, thought about jumping in to play... The SNG games are FUN. They are also a way to learn poker from some of the BEST!

Getting beat by William, (MobyDick), Praying Mantis (HelmetSky), heyrocker, Poker Jon, thomastem, wayabvpar, or Byron is a PRIVILEDGE! Because I learn something new every time they do it to me. And once in a long while, I manage to get bragging rights!

Jump in. You will be glad you did.

Doc

DrPhysic
06-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Here's your 2+2 SNG game schedule.

<font color="red">Please note changes in bold! </font>

Kotz is this week, so all SNG games will be Tuesday!

"EURO" 2+2 SnG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8PM GMT/4PM EDT TUESDAY June 23
LOOK FOR Stone_Eyes (Stoneii on 2+2) or HelmetSky (Praying Mantis) signon.

"Atlantic" 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8:00PM EDT TUESDAY June 23
Look for neutron999 (Pitcher) or skaboomizzy signon.

"US" 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EDT TUESDAY June 23
Look for DrPhysic or Toro85 signon.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

DrPhysic
06-21-2004, 12:52 PM
I thought this was the right week for KotZ. My bad, maybe.

But: I already published the schedule and sent the PM's as a Tuesday schedule, so we will stay with it.

If I was wrong and KotZ is next week, we will be on for Tuesday next week as well.

Doc

skaboomizzy
06-21-2004, 05:50 PM
I've only been playing about a year, and these SNGs have improved my game a LOT... it's first-class competition.

Even if you're just getting started, these are a worthwhile investment. Just be prepared for the longest 2-table SNGs you'll ever play. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hood
06-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Downloading stars now. Expect me along to the euro game next week (if I get back from work on time :|). Looking forward to my first lesson!

DrPhysic
06-22-2004, 03:40 AM
Glad to have you join the group. As fair warning, the guns you watch carefully that usually play the EURO game are Byron Kincaid, Kurn, HelmetSky, mackthefork, Stone_Eyes, Toro85, and Tosh27o (And MobyDick aka William if we ever find him again!). There are other 2+2 players that often show up for this game including myself, but those are the regulars.

Good Luck

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

DrPhysic
06-22-2004, 10:35 AM
SNG games are today.

(despite my inability to read a calendar. Today is the 22 not the 23. At least I got the right month.)

Doc

mrbill22
06-22-2004, 12:59 PM
I started playing &amp; tracking Stars $10+1 sng about a week ago. So I will play in the US game whenever I can. I'll try for tonight. My stars moniker is "Tbrazon".

mrbill22

William
06-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Great, fresh meat /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'll be there unless I fall asleep /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Eihli
06-22-2004, 06:38 PM
i opened a pokerstars account today just to play these games.

codewarrior
06-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Follow the wagging of my tongue. You are feeling very sleepy............................................ ... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

William
06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Follow the wagging of my tongue. You are feeling very sleepy............................................ ... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, You're making me hungry /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Haven't you guys missed me?

William /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrPhysic
06-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Get in the game.

NotMitch
06-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Why does poker deside to hate me when I play in these things? I will spare you the details but lets just say I should have followed the guide in CPFAP a little better.