PDA

View Full Version : It's official - goin' to vegas.

Al_Capone_Junior
06-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Wednesday morning about 6am I am leaving on a one way pilgrimage to the "promised land." Thus I will be a Vegas resident by this friday sometime in the afternoon.

Vegas baby, Vegas! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Life is good! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

Gamblor
06-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Do you have any thoughts about leaving family (or potential family, but less so) behind in such a situation?

It is something that has kept me away from there for a long time. I'm scared I'll love it just that much.

Needless to say, in my family, there's somewhat of a negative stigma attached to adopting the life of a gambler in Vegas. It's funny, I used to agree until I got to know a bunch of you guys.

Clarkmeister
06-21-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there's somewhat of a negative stigma attached to adopting the life of a gambler in Vegas. It's funny, I used to agree until I got to know a bunch of you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's like anything. Some of would make you agree, and some wouldn't..... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
06-21-2004, 02:25 PM
In reality I am moving closer to more of my family than I am moving away from, so that is not really an issue. They all know what I do for a living, and they accept it, tho certain ones (my parents) have been less than supportive about it. Too bad, it aint their choice, it's mine. Besides, I do have a pretty cush online job (non-playing) as well as my poker income.

The reasons I am moving there are far more social than anything else.

al

BeerMoney
06-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Good Luck Al. Please keep us posted on how it goes. Are you primarily a 7 card stud player?

Al_Capone_Junior
06-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I play everything but lowball hoss!

I prefer stud-8, stud or hold'em (limit or no limit) so I'll usually be found playing what is available depending which game going I feel to be the best one.

anyone who is in vegas feel free to PM me and we can hook up for some BS and perhaps a game.

al

Steve Giufre
06-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Except for lower rents, I can't imagine why anyone who move to Vegas instead of Califonia to play poker. Anyhow, good luck Al.