PDA

View Full Version : QQ UTG, 3rd UTG jumping in his seat!

BacMan
06-21-2004, 02:42 AM
B&M 32 player tournament. 14 players remain on 2 tables.

At this particular moment everyone at the table is excited. Two people are playing out of their seat and another guy is making sarcastic jokes about one of his friends at the table. This is a regular Sunday night game though it is a little crazier than normal.

Blinds are 400 and 800. I have 12K and am chip lead or a close second. I look down and see QdQs. The player 2 seats to my left looks at his cards and turns to his friend and is nearly jumping out of his seat. He has a little over 7K in chips and appears to have a good hand. I make is 2400. 2nd UTG folds and this guy jumping out of his seat, we'll call him Jim, makes it 5K (why he didn't go all-in, I have no idea why). Folded to another player who calls all-in with a little less than 5K, folded to blinds who also fold and it's on me.

The pot is offering about 5 to 1, though my implied odds are small since I can only win another 2K from Jim. I call. In all the confusion, both Jim and the all-in player turn over their cards. I am up against AdAh (Jim) and KhJh (all-in guy). I keep my cards hidden since action remains.

The flop comes Jd8d2d (or some other 3 dimonds below Jd). I check and Jim goes all-in. I count the pot. The pot is around 16K so I am getting 8 to 1 on 2 cards for a Q, but if a diamond hits I lose. I muck and the turn is a diamond and the river a blank (no queen) and Jim triples up.

I lose another chunk of my stack a few hands later with KQo (all-in) against K9o and then my last 3K with A9o against K6o. I was pretty upset about these last 2 hands.

My questions. What do you think about my play with QQ? How much credit would you give a read like this? Do you fold, call or raise pre-flop? If you are raised would you call or fold?

BacMan

eastbay
06-21-2004, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we'll call him Jim, makes it 5K (why he didn't go all-in, I have no idea why).

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants a call.

eastbay

sdplayerb
06-21-2004, 03:45 AM
I would have folded. The guy made it pretty obvious he had AA. I've seen this a couple of other times, and it was always AA.
At the absolute most, I limp in. But I am going to think for awhile..clear my head, then throw them away. When I see the AA..be glad i made such a great move.