PDA

View Full Version : All in preflop too much late? Strange Stats

Matt24
06-21-2004, 01:27 AM
I have played about 150 $10 SNGs at Party and am ahead, but I was ahead a lot more and it seems like I've run into some bad luck, but maybe not. Maybe I am pushing too much?? Once I get down late, I usually start pushing a lot to try to pick up the blinds, this is when its down to 5 or less when the blinds are 150-300 and up especially. Here are my 19 last knockouts, all these hands were all-in preflop when we were down to 5 or less players. After my last one tonight, where I lost my TT to A5 heads up when we were even stacks, I just don't know what to think. Maybe bad luck, maybe pushing too much. Here are my last 19 hands where I was knocked out.

TT vs A5 70%
A4 vs J8 57%
A5 vs J3 64%
T9 vs A5 45%
ATs vs 99 47%
AJ vs QT 61%
KK vs AQ 72%
A2 vs KJ 57%
A2 vs K2 75% (heads up even stacks)
A8s vs KQ 59%
KQ vs A6 42
AK vs Q4 68% (both of us had big stacks, he tried to steal)
TT vs KJ 56% Pocket 10s are not my friend
88 vs 76s 82% (once again 2 big stacks, sb tried to steal, and he hits a frickin flush)
A5 vs 87 56%
AT vs QJs 55%
TT vs K3s (equal stacks, heads up, did I mention pocket 10s are not my friend)
ATs vs KT 74% (Equal stacks, heads up)

I won3 tourneys in this span, feel I was robbed of many more. During this span, I sucked out twice on all ins, frickin twice. I am not one usually to complain about beats like this, my friends are always amazed at how even-tempered I am. I always say "I got my money in with the best of it, what more can I do?" But my last 2 days SNGs results are just driving me nuts, and it has me thinking maybe I am pushing too often?

edge
06-21-2004, 02:11 AM
If you're always pushing it in when you're ahead, of course you're not going to win many suckouts (less of a sample size), and you'll lose with favored hands.

If your goal is to avoid losing with favored hands, go in with weaker hands, and you won't be sucked out on (because you'll be behind).

Girazze
06-21-2004, 02:52 AM
I'm usually doing this about the time there are only 4 players left but not 5. Perhaps you are doing it a bit early?......or I'm doing it a bit late. Others can comment on that.

Hard to determine the play when I don't know the stack sizes but I'm assuming you are close to, if not, short stacked at this point. If so then they are plays that must be made. The only one I didn't like was the T9....especially unsuited. The others seem valid but without knowing stack sizes, hard to tell.