PDA

View Full Version : Super Size Me

Bill Murphy
06-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Very good movie. And very eye-opening, as well. Hopefully Spurlock doesn't catch Moore's Disease. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sooga
06-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Agreed. This movie is amazing. It's literally changed my life - I don't eat fast food nearly as much as I used to. This should be required viewing for every American, especially teenagers.

astroglide
06-21-2004, 01:35 AM
it vexes me that most people have taken it to be anti-mcdonald's when it's a general statement about unhealthy, overportioned food that is consumed in excess. it's not just mcdonald's. that being said, i don't have a problem with any of it existing as long as it's not addictive. people are wising up without regulations. places like panera bread are getting huge and preferred to traditional fast food.

MaxPower
06-21-2004, 10:24 AM
I haven't seen the movie, but I would like to.

The guy eats eats 2 or 3 times the recommended caloric intake every day, doesn't exercise, and gains weight. What does this have to do with McDonalds? I could do the same thing in my kitchen.

That's like me cold calling raises with 72o, losing money, and complaining that Party Poker is rigged.

superleeds
06-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Haven't seen the movie but Fast Food Nation is an excellent book on the same subject

astroglide
06-21-2004, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hat's like me cold calling raises with 72o, losing money, and complaining that Party Poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

sfer
06-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Quite a bit more happens than just gaining weight. Plus its really funny. And there's a brief interview with high-school girl who's so under the spell of fast food advertising that is absolutely heartbreaking.

Slacker13
06-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Did anyone watch 60 minutes this week? Two other people did exactly what Super Size Me did and in both cases they not only lost weight but also lowered their cholesteral. The difference? Excercise. Both had excercised on a regular bases. Moral of the story is if your a lazy fast food eating couch potato your going to get fat. Makes sense. His movie is now being viewed as questionable.

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His movie is now being viewed as questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am surprised it took this long. Nowadays I don't think its possible for someone to put a book or movie and not have it be questioned by someone. I fear we may all soon loose our sense of trust in this country. Everything is refutable, everything is spinnable... I am just about at the point where I don't want to listen to any commentary, with the exception of sports.

skunkworks
06-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Exercise can't do everything. Diet is a lot more important than exercise is. Ask your doctor.

If you're eating 3000+ calories a day of McDonalds, you'd need to be burning a large portion of that away with exercise, and one hour of cardio isn't going to help much.