PDA

View Full Version : AK in late position....

imcastleman
06-21-2004, 12:24 AM
I see the following play happen a lot and it just seems to me that it is a terrible play.
You are on the button in level three of a Sit n Go at Party Poker and are dealt AK offsuit with 1300 chips left. There are 3 limpers, someone with 280 chips goes all in, followed by someone with 430 chips going all in, and now it is your turn to act. The player in this hand moved all in with AK and got called by one of the limpers. Don’t you just have to figure that your AK is pretty much dead in the water at this point. I think I fold this hand every time this kind of situation happens. Does anyone think I am off my rocker?

Jurollo
06-21-2004, 12:57 AM
It definately isnt dead. You cant assume the short stacks are going in with AA. Even KK can be thwarted by AK. I would play it if I had 1300 early for a late position 400 chip call.

imcastleman
06-21-2004, 01:14 AM
I think its terrible. You have 3 limpers and 2 all in raisers who aren't raising with nothing. They aren't doing it just because of desperation. Some of the aces are gone and some of the kings are also quite likely gone. So, I'd say at best, you have 4 cards left that can hit the board for you to win the hand since I am also assuming that someone has a pocket pair.