PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars, how is the play there?

Chiefs Fan
06-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I really want to try the .5/1 6 max tables at pokerstars, how is the play there in general and maybe in comparison to party and paradise?

namknils
06-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, I've never played at pokerstars so I may not be the best one to give you advice, but I've always heard that pokerstars is a lot tougher than the games at Party or Paradise. However, I suspect you like the six max games? Party does not over 6 max at .5/1 and last time I checked neither does Paradise.

rr2000
06-22-2004, 12:00 AM
i think 6 max games are not that tough as stars full games (which are rock garden). But I have not played a lot of 6max. You might try posting in Internet Gambling forum.

My feeling is party and paradise are li'l more aggressive.

Nemesis
06-22-2004, 12:27 AM
PS is tough... much tougher than comparable party limits... hopefully greg's win will loosen things up arround there.

Ruddiger
06-22-2004, 09:24 PM
I don't think the .5/1 short handed games are that tough, either are the 1/2 games. I think those games are what really makes the full games so bad, there are lots of really horrible players, especially at 50 cent 1.

not that you should really want to jump into thoses games as a beginner

LeftBack
06-24-2004, 01:34 PM
I dropped in on the $.5/$1 game last night while Party was messed up. I thought the tables were passive, tight, and weak. In other words, not at all like Party.

It was a great place to try some NPA aggressiveness with pre-flop raises and fighting MUTB post-flop. People actually fold. They fold pre-flop like crazy. They bail any time the board is three-suited. Such a change of pace.

I had a great time, but that's only one session. I'm going back for more this weekend. It'll be interesting to see how well I adjust as I switch back and forth. Also, which lessons carry over between sites. I think it's a good thing to play in different environments.

I do agree: they know how to fold'em.

Percula
06-25-2004, 01:15 AM
Well at the lower limit tables (can't speak for the 6 amx) you are not likely to win many pots with top pair or even two pair, str8 or flush even better take down most pots that see a showdown, many never see a showdown.

Rock garden is a good term, I like it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Recliner
06-25-2004, 03:10 AM
I jumped over to pokerstars from paradise a few days ago to play some .25/.5 and maybe a little .5/1 when I get more money or get in the mood. I put $50 in and have almost trippled my money in four days, though I have been running hot. I was shocked at how tight the tables were. In the afternoon I wouldn't see any .25/.5 tables with a 40+% seeing the flop. The flip side to this is that everyone is passive. Its more like a Zen rock garden than anything else. I was suprised to be able to force people out of pots, steal blinds, and bluff pots at the level. They suck, but in a differnt way from paradise. I wouldn't imagine it would take you more than one or two sessions to change your play to suit pokerstars.