PDA

View Full Version : looks like all these concepts are finally sinking in

golgo13sf
06-20-2004, 09:37 PM
last two days I've finished 33rd and 40th in Pokerroom's 1600 man freeroll (both times in the money), which I feel to be some kind of accomplishment since its populated my stark raving maniacs until it gets down to 150 or so. Why the freerolls you say? Just was downsized and can't afford to lose any money unless I win it in the freerolls.

How'd you do it, you say? Trapping, isolating, sandbagging, check-raising, blind stealing, all these things I've been reading about, pot-odds, implied odds, they've all started coming together. I feel like Neo at the end of the Matrix when he starts to SEE the matrix, its all clear.

Now my favorite hand when I won a bunch:

I've got 32o in the BB, 5 guys limp @200, I check.
Flop comes 56J rainbow, SB checks, I check, UTG raises minimum of 200, called all the way around to me. I look at the pot, 2200 in there, 11-1 pot-odds against me hitting the four, damn right I'm calling for one more on the cheap raise. Turn 4, river A. I raise the pot size, get 2 callers, get all sorts of abuse in the chat box for even playing.

I remind them I was the BB, had they raised 1 chip I was gone, and they failed to make it wrong for me to not call the bet, and that it was their own fault. I laugh merrily along my way.

SossMan
06-20-2004, 11:53 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade, Neo, but you can't really take a lot from a couple of freerolls. If you feel like you are playing well, good for you...I don't think drawing to the ass end of the staight vs. multiple opponents is the example of game mastery.

Sounds like you're doing good, keep posting on here!

jedi
06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I remind them I was the BB, had they raised 1 chip I was gone, and they failed to make it wrong for me to not call the bet, and that it was their own fault. I laugh merrily along my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ever tell them of this. Just let them believe that you suck. I remember someone thinking I was good, then changing his mind when I hit my 2 pair with T7o. Needless to say, I didn't feel the need to tell him that it was my free Big Blind.