PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 vs. 5/10

Chief911
06-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I dont know if this is the appropriate forum or not. So flame if you must.

Anyhow, I have worked my way up the limit games, although I've started playing more tourneys than anything.

But to supplement that, I still play ring games. I recently had started to play 5/10. I also just took 1st in a 800 person 50+5 tourney, so I thought since I had some bankroll, I might try out the 10/20.

Soooooo. Although I dont have a huge sample size, I've found that the 10/20 is much more suited for my play. Not because I'm overskilled for the 5/10 (Probably far from it), but I find the 10/20 much easier to read, get out of hands where I'm behind, and effectively bluff.

Is this a horrible observation, based on too little data, or is there something to it?

Opinions please.

Nick

Nightwish
06-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Congrats on your tourney win! I don't know which site you play on, but 10/20 on Party is considerably more challenging than 5/10 (on the other hand, I'd say 15/30 is easier than either). I would strongly recommend that you not skip limits, even though you may have the bankroll to do so. You need to give yourself a couple of months to adjust to the new limit, and especially the variance that comes with it. If you're coming from 3/6, the first time you lose $1.5K at 10/20 in one session might be rather shocking.