PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker

PennDenn
06-20-2004, 03:50 PM
I have been reading some of you use Poker Tracker. Can you tell me about it and is it worth it?
Thanks Dennis

RED_RAIN
06-20-2004, 03:56 PM
I will let someone else do a detailed post.

1. It's worth it.
2. It will help you if anything to make you win more.
3. It pays for iteslf.

- Helps show what hands are doing well, could do better, losing hands.
- Helps you get to know other player's habits to find fish and rocks
- BB/100 rates to compare
- A billion other things

KingSix
06-20-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
losing hands

[/ QUOTE ]

It will quickly show you how bad some hands like ATos and KJos can be. You shouldn't be playing online without it.

King

1800GAMBLER
06-20-2004, 04:32 PM
UTG raised. UTG+2 reraises. I check the stats. 300 hands against. VP$IP: 12% PFR: 5%, i fold QQ. Weeee.

RED_RAIN
06-20-2004, 04:44 PM
You were UTG and folded QQ to one more bet preflop?

Ponks
06-20-2004, 04:59 PM
I think he means he was middle position, so he has the option to call 3 cold or cap it or of course fold.

Ponks

RED_RAIN
06-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I was gonna say.

SinCityGuy
06-20-2004, 06:24 PM
It more than paid for itself on this hand.

Folded to the CO who openraised. I clicked on his note and saw that he had a 14% flop percentage and 2% preflop raise percentage. I was all set to 3bet with AJs, but I folded. The BB called and was shown down AA by the CO.

Blarg
06-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Everybody seems to love it for a reason. It really is great.

My problem is, sometimes I play poker late and really need to get some sleep. I finally log out of a poker site, then I import my last hands and start studying up how I did for the day, classifying people again according to whether they're LAG/TAG/TP/LP/MANIAC type players and whatnot, and before I know it an hour has gone by and I've stayed up even later. It provides pretty compelling info.

Whether you get it or not, and before you make the decision, be sure you're saving up all your hand histories and requesting them from the sites you play at. Even if you don't want those histories now, you may change your mind later and will really be glad you've got good info to work off of if you ever do get one of the poker softwares that can use hand histories.

P.S. -- you can try Pokertracker for free; it lets you import 1000 hands in the trial version. Then just pay for it to get the code to unlock it if you decide you like it. I can't see how you wouldn't.

dogmeat
06-20-2004, 10:13 PM
There are a lot of good things that poker tracker can do (including track all your wins and losses from all games of Hold'em, and replay any hand you want to so you can see if you made a mistake), but when I thought about the information it gives you on opponents, I purchased it. You see the same players quite often, and it will tell you what percentage of hands they play, how often they raise etc. There are some players that only raise 2 or 3% of the time, and when they do, I fold. Now wouldn't you like to have that information available? Well worth $55.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

KingSix
06-21-2004, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG raised. UTG+2 reraises. I check the stats. 300 hands against. VP$IP: 12% PFR: 5%, i fold QQ. Weeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are the best aren't they? I've got a player with 8.09 VP$IP and 0.96 PF Raise %. Only raises are with AA or KK. Worst no blind hand I see as a call is A5s. Everything else called is a pair, or two cards over 10. He/she raises and I'm gone.

King

MicroBob
06-21-2004, 03:44 AM
i maintain that the note-export feature of p-tracker alone can be worth .5BB/100 mostly for the easy folds to the PFR<2 gang.

i also maintain that it would be worth it if it only did 1/3 as much while costing 3x the amount.

get the free-trial version and check it out for yourself. certainly more convincing than a bunch of us telling you 'it's good, get it'

wayabvpar
06-21-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It more than paid for itself on this hand.

Folded to the CO who openraised. I clicked on his note and saw that he had a 14% flop percentage and 2% preflop raise percentage. I was all set to 3bet with AJs, but I folded. The BB called and was shown down AA by the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that great? It would take me a lot more hands with the person to finally realize exactly how tight they are; with PT, I can get at least an idea after about 50 hands. After 200+, it is almost a lock.

MercTec
06-21-2004, 12:46 PM
What about SnG's? I rarely play ring games online and I can see how the info could be skewed as you get down to fewer players. Still recommended?

LikesToLose
06-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Why don't you just export the stats you use to classify people and have them available in player notes? That way, you can update them with a couple of clicks and have the most current info.

This would also give more detail than LAG/TAG/TP/LP/MANIAC

obex
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
poker tracker is not that helpful for SnG's, other than for recording your results (and that of your opponents). Excel does a nicer job (the tracker doesn't even calculate %ROI). I don't think you can get useful information from it that will change your play like with the ring games.
Don't get me wrong, tracker is awesome and for ring games it is a must.

esspo
07-06-2004, 11:54 AM
I am trying to setup poker tracker for the first time. Do you guys setup your own pop3 email server or do you manually do it through a yahoo account?

Richard Berg
07-07-2004, 02:00 AM
My Party/Empire email uses IMAP so I wrote a helper script, but if you use POP3 there's no need to set up a server -- your ISP's will do.