PDA

View Full Version : bin ladens family spirited away?

trippin bily
06-20-2004, 01:48 PM
according to michael moores new movie bin ladens family memebers in the united states were flown out of the country moments after the first planes started hitting the towers.
supposedly by the bush family because gwb knew about 9/11 in advance. with the exception of michael moore saying it is there any proof to this???

jokerswild
06-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I've read that Bin Laden family members were permitted to leave while the rest of the country had planes grounded.
The Bush family has had financial ties to the Bin Laden construction company. These people should have been detained and at least qustioned. In my mind it doesn't automatically mean that Bush knew prior to the event.

It does mean that he Kow Tows to the Saudis.

Chris Alger
06-20-2004, 02:27 PM
snopes (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/flight.htm)

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Members of his family (ironically) lived in the Boston area. However, it's useful to know that bin Laden's family disowned him long before 9/11/01.

The move to allow them out of the US is not part of some huge conspiracy, it was meant to protect them since they were detremined to be innocent of any involvement in terrorist activity.

cardcounter0
06-20-2004, 03:01 PM
False. Who made the determination that they had nothing to do with it? The FBI didn't even think about questioning the members of Bin Laden's Family (amazing!) until they were out of the country.

I remember the days after 9/11, and how strange it was seeing the empty clear blue skys all day, interrupted only once by a F16 flying over one day at noon. (Living in a big metro area, the sky is usually full of planes).

Now while American Citizens were stranded in Canada when there flights were diverted there. And important manufactoring parts for my business couldn't be flown to me, it seems Raytheon Airport Services was flying around gathering Saudis.

One trip was to get one of the Saudi Royal Family members out of Texas and flew him to Louisville KY to look at some race horses before his flight out.

Any one inconvienced or had some $$$ damage from the flight ban/delays? While if you are a Saudi Business Partner of Bush, apparently the law doesn't apply to you, like it does to lowly American Citizens.
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Screw Bush.

Kurn, son of Mogh
06-20-2004, 03:08 PM
The problem here is you're looking at 9/11 in isolation. Remember bin Laden had been wanted since long before that and his family in Boston had likely been investigated completely by 2001.

While if you are a Saudi Business Partner of Bush, apparently the law doesn't apply to you

If you think kowtowing to the Saudis is something unique to Bush or the GOP, you're delusional.

cardcounter0
06-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Actually since it was a surprise that the Saudis were in the Country in the first place (Carlye Group not big on disclosing who is attending it's meetings)

I think it is far more likely that Bin Laden's family hadn't been "completely investigated before 9/11.

So we gone from they were "determined" to be innocent (false, no determination was made).
TO
They were likely investigated before 9/11
(false, every day there is more evidence of FBI, CIA, Ect. being caught flat-footed)

I think if the Bin Laden family was in Iraq, the current administration would have been very interested, but since they are just Saudi-supported terrorists in Afganistan/Pakistan they probably didn't care pre-9/11.

Remember it was money from the Bin Laden Family that helped Georgie Boy bail out of the mess he had created at Harken Energy. George took the money and with a little insider trading (and breaking a few reporting rules to the SEC along the way) and ran with the profits, leaving the other shareholders holding the bag. Sound familar?

SCREW BUSH!

Ragnar
06-20-2004, 07:44 PM
According to the New York Times today the Bin Laden family did not leave the U.S. right after the attacks and before the air space was re-opened. They did leave just about as soon as flights were allowed.

As critical as the Sept 11 commission has been of actions by the Bush administration they found no credible evidence that the family departed earlier. This information is contained in a review of the movie by Philip Shenon, that is sympathetic to Moore in the Times Sunday art section.

We'll see how his other claims hold up.

Victor
06-20-2004, 09:11 PM
It seems that the bin ladens and other saudis had a very good reason to get out the USA at the time. As powerful members of one of our key allies it seems that our government certainly should have protected them. This is assuming that they indeed had broken all ties to usama and terrorism. This has always been the reported case but it is the real issue.

cardcounter0
06-21-2004, 10:18 AM
The POINT is: The Saudis were being flown around inside the country while ALL FLIGHTS WERE GROUNDED. The hysterical FAA grounded a charter flight carrying a human heart short of its destination for a heart transplant -- meanwhile, Abdula Mahalla Babulla is being flown to Louisville KY to look at buying some race horses (the plane being supplied by RAYTHEON a major defense contractor).

Yes, they didn't actually fly OUT of the country until the very minute the flight ban was lifted, so I guess everything is hunkey-dorey in Sheepsville.

adios
06-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Moore is hardly a credible source of unbiased information /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

andyfox
06-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Protected them from what?

Slacker13
06-21-2004, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any one inconvienced or had some $$$ damage from the flight ban/delays? While if you are a Saudi Business Partner of Bush, apparently the law doesn't apply to you, like it does to lowly American Citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the hell do you people come up with this stuff? It was for their protection. Isn't there some conspiracy theory website you all can hang out at?

cardcounter0
06-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Protection from what or whom? And why do non-citizens have our government giving them a higher level of protection than it's own citizens?

andyfox
06-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Protection from what?

If it was too dangerous for everyone else to fly, why not for them? Wouldn't they be in more danger flying?

ThaSaltCracka
06-21-2004, 04:29 PM
actually Moore got his information from newspaper articles. I believe the NY Times and the Washington Post. I will check on that for you.

Victor
06-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Do you remember the anti-muslim violence that occured in the days following the attacks? I know at a least of few "brown" people were killed. I use the term "brown" because some idiot rednecks actually killed a few Indian people as well. If Americans cant even differentiate the right race to lynch obvioulsy they will believe that all muslims and middle easternors are evil and that Iraq and al-queda are the same.

I'm not defending the administration on all issues, but it is certainly in our best interests to protect rich allies especially when there was a very real and very violent backlash occuring.

andyfox
06-22-2004, 12:05 AM
The bin Laden family has oodles of money. They didn't have private security? The first few days especially, nobody really knew who was responsible.

I think all parties agree that the Saudis pulled a few strings to help their citizens. Given Osama's history, one would think somebody might have asked if it would look good to move around his family when nobody else had similar "protection."

Victor
06-22-2004, 10:08 AM
It certainly would not have "looked good" to move them around. That is why the admin wanted to keep it under wraps. With oodles of money and diplomatic importance you get a few strings pulled. Thats the way it works. These people where no doubt more important the handful of grad students that got lynched, at least in the administration's eyses.

nicky g
06-22-2004, 10:16 AM
"Isn't there some conspiracy theory website you all can hang out at?"

Sure. This one.

A shame brad doesn't post any more.

Wake up CALL
06-22-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The POINT is: The Saudis were being flown around inside the country while ALL FLIGHTS WERE GROUNDED.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that you and Michael Moore are both lying about this. It is all on record as being untrue (except Michael Moores record of course).

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is far more likely that Bin Laden's family hadn't been "completely investigated before 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tewnty-two of the 25 members of his family were interviewed by the FBI prior to their departure. Please get your facts straight and stop relying on Michael Moore to form an opinion.

cardcounter0
06-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Give me a break. The incidents that happened to the 'brown' people where like gas station attendants or some guy behind the counter at the 7-11.

You think the Bin Laden Family members could have stayed holed up at the 4 Seasons or the Hilton Suites or whatever for a day or two and not gone to work at the donut shop on the wrong side of town? I think they could afford to miss a day of work.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif