PDA

View Full Version : I should've check-folded?

Saborion
06-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

A few months ago I would've check-fold this hand on the flop. These days I'm a bit more aggressive, trying to pick up a few more pots. I'm not sure my play in this hand is a good one though. Table is pretty loose, nothing spectacular regarding the aggressiveness of it.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.
<font color="green">Easy limp pre-flop after another limper, fully expecting 4-5 opponents. </font>

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB folds, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, BB folds, UTG folds.
<font color="green">Not likely that someone has a J. It's been checked to me. I might have the best hand. I bet and see what happens.</font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.
<font color="green">Ok. Two callers on the flop. I'll put one of them on a flush draw, the other on, well, just about anything given the standard 2/4 player. I have to bet to make the possible flush draw pay, to give overcards another chance to fold, and finally, to find out where I'm at. A raise, ok, I seriously doubt I have the best hand here, with a raise in a protected pot. I'm outta here. </font>

River: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between MP1 and MP2.</font>

I'm not sure about my flop bet for the following reasons.
1: There's a possible flush draw on the board, meaning that if the flush gets there, I'm likely to lose. And if someone has a flush draw, he might stumble upon a higher pair than my 6's.
2: The table is not probably not tight enough for me to be able to take it down easy with a flop and a turn bet.
3: The pot is small.

My play might've been a better one if I had been holding 8's or 9's (although I would've raised pre-flop with 9's here).

Saborion
06-20-2004, 05:47 PM
n/m

Guido
06-21-2004, 08:20 AM
I think you played it fine. Sometimes I give up after the flop bet. Sometimes I check-raise when the button bets and it's folded to me. And sometimes I play it the same way you did.

Guido