PDA

View Full Version : Quick MTT hand/question

Jurollo
06-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Hello all.. quick question here. So I was in a $50+$5 on PP MTT earlier tonight. Had ran my stack to 5700 and was big stack at the table, however well under most big stacks left at other tables, most at 9K, one at 19K. So I am in mid position, blinds at 100/200, only one player at the table is within 2000 chips of me, he is first to act preflop and bets 200. Next player is a short stack, 1200 and goes all in, I have QQ. I have everyone severely covered except the player who is in for 200 all ready, my read on his play is that he can't have too big of a hand, has played tight and straight forward. So after the short stack goes in I push all in to get best odds for a H2H showdown against the short stack. Folds around to original bettor and he calls for 4400 showing AA. Is there anyway I should even think of him having this monster, he was the one stack I was worried about tangling with so I was relieved at his $200 because I thought it gave me a read he had a playable, but not great hand. Anyhoo, is this way too over aggressive as a chip leader or solid logic to get the best odds in a showdown? P.S. We were at 77 left out of 440, top 50 place, that came into consideration, however, given PP's structure true rewards are not reaped until final 15 or even 10. Anyone have a take on this?

Smasharoo
06-20-2004, 08:36 AM
There's no way to see that coming.

Jurollo
06-20-2004, 03:20 PM
I know I couldn't see it coming. But my question is more, is that way too aggressive or is it proper logic and sound play on some level. The way I saw it the original bettor with $200 showed weakness by limping in for BB so he was out of my thinking at that point. Sound play? Other thoughts?

AtlBrvs4Life
06-20-2004, 03:53 PM
I might have reraised him rather than going all-in. Probably would have made it 2400 to go. I don't think the all-in was a bad move, you just got unlucky.