PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this hand right?

Materazzi
06-20-2004, 03:32 AM
Free-roll tourney on VC last night. We're down to the last 27. I am the BB with about 8500 and am holding 4-6off. The blinds are 300/600. Everyone folds, except the small blind who just calls and is the chip leader with 34000. The flop comes 3-5-7 rainbow. I have the nuts. The small blind bets 600, I just call. I put him on top pair, or a bluff. The turn brings another 6. He bets 600 again, so I definitely put him on a 6, with no pre-flop raise I don't put him on any 'big' cards, although he has just joined the table, so I don't have any read on him. I re-raise him all-in, and he calls without hesitation. He turns over aces, so I am miles clear, he can only hit 4 cards with the river to come. As you can guess he hit a 6 to make his full. Now should I have taken the big stack on? My reckoning was that I would double through, which would ensure my final table position. Any thoughts folks?

Jurollo
06-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Am I missing something? How did he win with AA against your straight? Flop was 357, turn 6, river 6? That gives him 2 pair not a boat to beat the straight. At the turn he was drawing dead. Or am I completely missing something here. It is 4am so if I am give me a break.

HUSKER'66
06-20-2004, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He must have screwed up in the telling of the hand. I had to read it two or three times, but I get the same result as you.

Materazzi
06-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Sorry fellas, it was 3-5o I had and the flop was 6-4-2 rainbow. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Martin Aigner
06-20-2004, 05:40 AM
Materazzi,

I would have raised the flop. SB can have anything. Letīs say, he has TP, something like T6 or whatever. If you just call, and 3 or 5 and any card from 7 to A (which is no T) is a scare card for him. Therefore Iīd raised the flop and hoped that he put me on a steal. Itīs hard to double up in this hand, unless he has hit something very good (and has outs therefore) or is a bit of a bully (or a very loose caller).

Raise the flop and hope that he has hit 2 pair or slowplayed an overpair. In this case all the money might go in on the flop while you are way ahead.

Anyway, very tough luck for you.

Best regards

Martin Aigner