PDA

View Full Version : 631 WSOP Entrants - Predictions

05-20-2002, 10:50 PM
According to pokerpages, there were 631 entrants for the big 'un. According to Chris Bigler, there were 610 left after the first break, w/Amarillo Slim gone, a victim of JJ v AA. Nice move, Slim! Good ta see the SI article didnae go to yir 'ead... /images/smile.gif

On RGP, a "Steve Badger" predicted that main event entries would likely not be affected by the juice controversy, because "people want to win/play the main event for reasons other than money"[paraphrase], but that the $5K events' attendance would be way down. Key-wrecked-to, "Steve".

On 4/12 I predicted 602 entries w/John Juanda the winner. Other final tablists: 1 unknown American amateur; 2 little known American & European pros[think Lee Salem]; David Ulliott; Richard Tatalovich; Barry

Shulman; Kevin Song & Padraig Parkinson(my two perma-picks)

Others are welcome to place their 'bets'.

FWIW I also correctly predicted that Juanda would win an event[any event] & that Paul Phillips 'boycott' would not last, but incorrectly predicted that Doyle's boycott would continue; that tokes would be down no more than 10%; that some big name would be barred; and that Daniel Negreanu would either make =4 final tables[he's made 2 so far]. I also predicted that both Chris Ferguson and Annie Duke would both win events, but not the biggie. I'll take the biggie, though. /images/smile.gif

Memo tae "!": Save the wrong forum bit if you were going there; this isnae a strategic post. /images/smile.gif

05-21-2002, 08:41 AM
Dave Ulliot's out. Negreanu's out. Slim's out. So are a bunch of others by the dinner break.

I'm betting on Sklansky.

05-21-2002, 09:23 AM
Only the good die young? One of my friends was out on the third hand when his KK met AA and another was trashed by a set of Q's vs his 777. This vicarious involvement is unsatisfying. Next year, we all play it. Babe

05-21-2002, 01:19 PM
Believe me, Babe, I'm gonna be moving mountains & drifting continents to try and play next year.

05-21-2002, 03:47 PM
If someone could tell me the best way (site) to keep up with the current WSOP daily information I would be greatful!

Thanks

05-21-2002, 04:16 PM
All I've found is this....

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/index.htm

05-21-2002, 04:17 PM
I'll try it again..

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/index.htm

05-21-2002, 06:50 PM
RGP by far.

05-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Bill- we are there next year, for sure. /images/wink.gif Babe.