PDA

View Full Version : nines

joker122
06-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Party 3/6 no reads

I'm UTG+2 with black nines. UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, I raise, folded to BB who calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

The BB checkraises me and UTG+2 and I call.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

It gets checked through.

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, we both fold.

What do you think?

Tosh
06-19-2004, 08:20 PM
I don't see the value betting this flop.

balkii
06-19-2004, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the value betting this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about

- theres a chance he has the best hand
- theres a chance he might fold a better hand
- theres a chance he will get a free card on the turn

joker122
06-19-2004, 08:47 PM
I thought this was an auto bet in this situation (2 opponents, checked to me). A bet will hopefully pick up the pot and/or get a queen or ten to fold. Can you explain further why you don't bet here?

Tosh
06-19-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- theres a chance he has the best hand - I'd say only a small chance
- theres a chance he might fold a better hand - nonsense
- theres a chance he will get a free card on the turn - and then face the river bet that he folds to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to always bet after raising.

balkii
06-19-2004, 09:09 PM
- theres a chance he has the best hand - I'd say only a small chance

Agreed, its small

- theres a chance he might fold a better hand - nonsense

Not necessarily. There are many tight players at the 3/6 level. I have 65K hands at 3/6 and played often against players who are capable of folding the middle or bottom pair here.

- theres a chance he will get a free card on the turn - and then face the river bet that he folds to?

did you miss that hero could have up to 6 outs? as well as sometimes holding the best hand? and sometimes they WILL check twice and he WILL get a free showdown, that he WILL sometimes win?

The pot is laying him 6:1 on a flop bet here, and I think giving up on this hand every time is giving up too much.

Ron
06-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi, /images/graemlins/smile.gif Why raise with a middle pr? No one will fold group 1=2=3 at lower limits , /images/graemlins/cool.gif The chance that your pr 99 is good after the flop is not very good, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif plus the utg 1 all ready called!,Call see the flop and play according > With you flop Check and fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif