PDA

View Full Version : Lil Stop n Go?

BottlesOf
06-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between Hero, UTG and Button.</font>

I wanted to c/r the turn, but then I thought he might check behind a flush draw, so I did some stop and go. His second raise through me.

Should I have maybe 3-bet the flop and kept flooring it.?

JohnShaft
06-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Bottles I think the stop on the flop tells him you don't like your hand that much. When you go again on the Turn I still think he thinks you aren't going to 3-bet him, which is why he does it. (The stop and go seems to be being used more lately - both by the best and worst players, for different reasons).

Because of the above I think you should only stop and go if you intend to 3-bet the Turn (if it's as innocuous as it is).

I think the stop and go is not the best move if you play it as you did. If you're going to not 3-bet him you are better off 3-betting the flop (if you think he's on the flush draw and will check the Turn) or checkraising the Turn and leading the River.

Obviously when he checked the River you found you lost bets and let him get away from his hand. (Something like AT?)

BottlesOf
06-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Something like that /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Can you explain what you meant by your parenthetical: "(if it's as innocuous as it is)"

Trix
06-19-2004, 06:18 PM
If I play it like this, then it cuz I want 3bets in on the turn.

JohnShaft
06-19-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain what you meant by your parenthetical: "(if it's as innocuous as it is)"

[/ QUOTE ]

Just that if the Turn card is as close to a brick as it is then you have to follow through with the 3-bet. The button would have to have 88 or J9 (which is very unlikely) for that Turn card to put a big hurting on you.

I could see a point in calling the Flop raise, hoping to bet and 3-bet the Turn, but then changing your mind when something like the J /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif (or indeed any Ace) hits. But if something innocuous hits the Turn then I think you have to be prepared to stick that 3rd bet in there.