PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker... am I going crazy?

Uglyowl
06-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I just cashed out of party poker about a week ago and can not seem to win hardly any all-ins. Overpairs losing to underpairs... AK losing to AJ and so on... I know this happens, but it is getting to the point of predictable that it will. Just wondering if anyone else has quit Party Poker for this reason or am I just being crazy.

I thought to see what happens, I just started a database of my all-ins preflop, keeping track of what was called and the showdowns.

So far I have only 4 hands since I decided to keep track, but the trend continues and I am getting really angry.

The four hands and my % value (according to twodimes) for each and result are below:

68.4% Win
81.2% Loss
70.9% Split Pot
81.0% Loss

Well I know you can't tell anything by this, but the odds of me losing both 80%+ pots are like 3.6%. I just feel like there is some program after a cash out that is causing this. Any comments? I am going to keep my database and keep getting data. After 100 hands I am curious what it will tell me.

Thanks,

-Joe

stupidsucker
06-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Same thing happened to me last month. It set me on serious tilt. Take a break. Seriously. I had several people tell me to take a break, and I just wouldnt listen. My streak got so bad, and the final blow was when I flopped a set and this guy "Hit the wrong button" and re-raised my huge raise. Yes he actualy said that he hit the wrong button and he meant to fold. I put him all in for the 200 chips he had left, and he called with an inside str8 draw feeling he had too much invested. He hit on the river. I cried a river. I was losing with overpairs to underpairs at an alarming rate. Everyting felt backwards, planned, and ridiculous. I took a break, and feel much much better.

There is no conspiracy. Its just an ugly part of poker. When you are an 80% favorite, the chances of losing three times in a row is about .8% If you play enough a streak like this is bound to happen. It happened to me, it will happen to others.

Relax, take a break, and make sure you are playing solid poker. The cold reality is, that streaks can be very very vicious. I serioulsy had a mini nervous breakdown because the money was so important to me at the time, and the bad luck was terrible at a terrible time. You can/will get through it.

eastbay
06-19-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I just cashed out of party poker about a week ago and can not seem to win hardly any all-ins. Overpairs losing to underpairs... AK losing to AJ and so on... I know this happens, but it is getting to the point of predictable that it will. Just wondering if anyone else has quit Party Poker for this reason or am I just being crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are just being crazy.

eastbay

woodguy
06-19-2004, 08:50 PM
www.riveredagain.com (http://www.riveredagain.com)