PDA

View Full Version : Live play with Bakku & ChrisDaddyCool, ATo in the CO

bisonbison
06-19-2004, 06:46 AM
Bakku, Chris and I met up at Garden City in San Jose for a little 3/6 action. By the time this hand happened, we'd been at the table for about six hours.

Garden City tables are 9 handed, the blinds are $3/$1, and the button posts a dead money blind of $3, so he can see the flop for free but the money is taken by the house.

Bakku's the Button in this hand, I'm the CO and ChrisDaddy's on my right as whatever that position is. For a while, our presence as the tight corner of the table seemed to be killing the action, but they sat down a woman with a fake tan and a lot of cleavage and suddenly the table was fishy again.

So, it's 2am+ on a Friday night, and the table is once again full of live ones. The details are all blending together now, but suffice it to say that UTG (fake tan) in this hand is LAGgy. She's given to three betting preflop with QJo and other such hands she doesn't want to fold.

The SB in this hand is very loose, having called a live six straddle with 62s UTG+2 (DAMN YOU), and having bought (at least partially) that Bakku, Chris and I had just met that night for the first time as part of a dating service error. The BB is a little LAGgy.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG and UTG+1 call, there's one MP call, ChrisDaddy folds, Hero calls, Bakku raises, at least one blind and everyone else calls.

6 or 7 handed to the flop for something like 12SB.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to UTG, who bets. UTG+1 calls, MP folds, Hero raises, Bakku calls, blinds fold, all call.

4 to the turn for 10 BB.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to Hero, who bets. all call.

4 to river for 14 BB.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
checked to Hero, who bets. Bakku folds, 2 calls.

Standard, no?

I had a very strong flush draw read on Bakku. If the 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif fell on the river, I was fully prepared to check-call. Opinions?

Trix
06-19-2004, 07:03 AM
I would consider call-raising the flop or raising the turn if Bakku just calls.

I bet the river if the spade falls. I think Bakku could play like this with one big spade aswell and he might choose to go for overcalls even if he did hit the flush.

If he raises, just fold, but dont tell him this, cuz then it wont work anymore /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bisonbison
06-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I think Bakku could play like this with one big spade aswell

On the turn, I don't think this can be true. He wasn't tilting, and I felt like the hands he'd make this preflop raise with were PP > 9, suited face cards, AQo, AKo.

When he coldcalled my flop raise, I felt it was really unlikely he had offsuit face cards or a PP. He had the chance to face the loose blinds with 3 SB cold and maybe get checked to on the turn, and didn't.

Sure, he might have been waiting til the turn, but the pot would then be huge, and he won't fold anyone with a ten or a flush draw.

bakku
06-19-2004, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG and UTG+1 call, there's one MP call, ChrisDaddy folds, Hero calls, Bakku raises, at least one blind and everyone else calls.

6 or 7 handed to the flop for something like 12SB.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to UTG, who bets. UTG+1 calls, MP folds, Hero raises, Bakku calls, blinds fold, all call.

4 to the turn for 10 BB.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to Hero, who bets. all call.

4 to river for 14 BB.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
checked to Hero, who bets. Bakku folds, 2 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a jerkoff, but you got some of the action a bit wrong bison /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Preflop: the whole table limped, including Chris, I did raise on the button

Flop: UTG bet, I think there may have been 2 callers, Chris folded, you raised, I 3-bet, UTG called, you capped, I called, UTG called. 3 to the turn.

Turn: You bet, we both call.

River: You bet, I folded, fake tan/fake face called.

bisonbison
06-19-2004, 06:19 PM
I was hoping someone would correct it. I had a feeling I was way off.

I don't know how you guys managed to stay til five. I came home, posted the hand and fell asleep on my couch in two minutes. Dead tired.

All I know is, I had a very large stack and got to post some exciting live straddles. Did you stay til you got even?

bakku
06-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I don't know how you guys managed to stay til five. I came home, posted the hand and fell asleep on my couch in two minutes. Dead tired.

Like I said, I'm staying until I break even or Chris leaves /images/graemlins/wink.gif

All I know is, I had a very large stack and got to post some exciting live straddles. Did you stay til you got even?

Your pyramid gave me stack envy, I was so jealous. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I was stuck about $220 30 mins after you left. Chris and I played for about another 2.5 hours before our table broke up and we got moved to a GREAT table. I made $160 back in about 30 mins to finish the night stuck $60 before Chris and I headed home.

sfer
06-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Important question: Did fake tan/face have fake boobs?

bisonbison
06-20-2004, 03:07 AM
I'd say it was about a 20% chance of fake boobs. Otherwise just a push up bra and this weird vest thing. 20% is worth a call.

bakku
06-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Important question: Did fake tan/face have fake boobs?

They looked real to me..saggy as hell but most likely real. Man, her face was caked in a whole crapload of makeup, gross.

bisonbison
06-20-2004, 03:40 AM
Im gonna back up bakku's read here. Too much makeup. Not facially attractive. Not hot. Average, dressed in a way to distract, but not hot.

Nonetheless, she made an impression on the rest of the table in a way that only exposed cleavage can do.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-20-2004, 07:53 AM
And she was looser than.... well, lets let others make that joke.

bakku
06-20-2004, 08:10 AM
I really have to pee!

Chiefs Fan
06-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Bison, got a ? for you, if your AT had been suited, would you have raised PF? When I first read through this, I was wondering why you didn't raise, I know its not suited, but with limpers before you and Bakku on your left, I thought you might raise to take control of the hand, or, unsuited do you not feel like this hand in this position is strong enough?

I'm a newb, so just wondering.

bisonbison
06-20-2004, 11:52 AM
I limped because there was no way I could knock out the blinds, this hand was going to end up hugely multiway, and I didn't want to bloat the pot because ATo is not a multiway monster. Too good to fold, not quite good enough to raise.

Besides, bakku is only going to be involved in this hand about a fifth of the time. I don't need to raise to take the button.

Chiefs Fan
06-20-2004, 12:21 PM
thanks, was just wondering, wanted to know your thought process.