PDA

View Full Version : Too much?

Demian
06-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Different SB from other hand, but also new to the table. No reads.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Thought the river 3-bet was a bit thin but his limp from the SB made me think maybe it was ok. I wouldn't have folded to a cap though so maybe that's enough to tell me not to do it?

tewall
06-19-2004, 02:51 AM
The general rule of thumb is to bet/raise on the river when you think you are least 55/60% good if you get called, and that would certainly fit here.

I don't know why you think your raise is thin. Surely he would have raised you on the turn with any hand that you'd be behind to on the river.

chezlaw
06-19-2004, 03:14 AM
I would just call on the river. It's a wierd way to play unless he has the case 8 and you have a pretty weak kicker. he could be bluffing J9 but but that's no reason to raise either.