PDA

View Full Version : Fun flops with pocket pairs

John Deere
06-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Another totally crappy session for me tonight. Over the past 3 days, losing money with AA and AK, and losing money on my MADE flushes! Oh well, gotta keep playing. Submitted for your approval...

HAND #1
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.25 BB, between CO, Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (17.25 BB).</font>

I decided that I was definitely calling so long as a card higher than a J (along with the Qs) didn't hit.

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Js Jd (full house, queens full of jacks).
MP2 shows 3c Ks (three of a kind, queens).
CO shows Jh Th (full house, queens full of tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.25 BB. </font>

HAND #2

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between Button, Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (10 BB).</font>

Hero shows 2d 2h (two pair, sixes and threes).
MP1 shows 6c Jc (full house, sixes full of threes).
Button shows 9h As (two pair, sixes and threes).
Outcome: MP1 wins 10 BB. </font>

BONUS HAND!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (13.50 BB).</font>

Should I have just check-raised the turn instead of 3-betting the flop? I was honestly very worried about AA and AK. I checked the river because button was playing any two (even for a raise) and calling to the river trying to hit something. If he had anything, he would bet -- if not, I felt there was a much better chance of him bluffing when checked to.

Hero shows Kh Qh (one pair, kings).
Button shows 9c As (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.50 BB. </font>

TazQ
06-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Hand #1 you should of put in quite a few more bets.

I hope you're kidding in hand #2. If not you seriously need to drop down to .5/1.

Don't even think about checkraising the turn in hand #3.

Ponks
06-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Hand 1 I'd toss in a few more raises for sure. Doesnt look like anyone has kings or aces by the preflop action, and I wouldn't be worried about someone having a queen just yet.

Hand 2 Check/fold the flop, way too many people in for you to have the best hand. And on the turn, you having the 100% worst hand possible out of any and all holdings, not sure if you thought you could bluff them all out or not, but I highly doubt it. I'm not sure why u called the river, this one of the few times I've ever seen where it is 100% certain beyond a doubt that you are beat, and no chance to split either because they both cant have pocket 2's.

Hand 3 I'd play it like you did except I'd bet the river.

Ponks

SnakeRat
06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
Calling with 0 chance of taking the pot is a big leak.

Trix
06-19-2004, 04:55 AM
1) I 3bet the flop and lead the turn, and fold if CO raise me. If both just call, then I bet the river.

2) This depends how tight the limpers play postflop. If everyone is going to chase their overcards, then I just check-fold.

3) I call the flop raise and bet the turn. Bet river!.

HajiShirazu
06-19-2004, 10:08 AM
I 3-bet the flop in hand 1 and lead the turn if it's capped, probably 3-betting a turn raise if it is J or less.
In hand 2 you have the nut low. You either have to bluff the river which might not be that bad a play since it doesnt seem like anybody has anything, or check fold to any bet.
I think hand 3 is fine.

John Deere
06-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I totally messed up Hand 2... I don't know what I was thinking. Stupid 3 pair.